Anybody ever do it? From companies like this one? http://www.primecell.com/

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Rebuilding Batteries

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Anybody ever do it? From companies like this one? http://www.primecell.com/

Thanks.

J.C.
    I've done it myself. Unless you have a spot-welder, forget about it. Also, it's totally not worth it, even if you do it yourself (cost of cells) and time. They are charging $48 for a 18v rebuild, plus shipping. I can get pretty much any brand 18v nicd battery on eBay for $50-60.

It's only worth for proprietary batteries that use 18x650 mm NiMh cells and such, for power tools it's a waste of time and money.

Comment

From what I read on the site "They" rebuild the battery for you, so you do not need any specail tools. They also have a valid point.
      If you are considering the purchase of new battery packs from the original manufacturer.. remember this: If your tool is 5 years old... it is likely that the existing replacement packs are also 5 years old. They stopped making the battery packs... when they released the new model, and the gadgets that go with it..
      Battery packs do have a shelf life.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I can't speak for all brands, but Dewalt 18v Ni Cad battery packs have a date engraved on them. The are made (or atleast dated) yearly. If you buy from a store that moves alot of batteries, they will probably be fresh. If you buy online, especially E-bay, ya never know. My Dewalt set is about 8 years old.
        Last edited by 420paul; 03-14-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X