18 v lithium battery problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 v lithium battery problems

I bought some 18v lithium batteries that I am using on tools that I originally bought with nicad batteries. My understanding is that they should work fine, but I am finding that they will not hold a charge for very long at all. Are the batteries faulty? Do i need a special charger as I read somewhere else? Can someone give me the real scoop? Thanks.

Re: 18 v lithium battery problems

All Ridgid 18V power tools can use either the 18V NiCad or 18V Lithium Ridgid batteries. I highly recommend using the Ridgid charger designed to charge both Lithium and NiCad batteries for your new Lithium batteries for best results. The old + new chargers look identical except for the little sticker with Lithium clearly displayed.

Comment

Re: 18 v lithium battery problems

I concur with reConx that you should use a charger designed to charge the batteries you are charging. The model number for the battery you are charging should be listed on the model number plate on the charger you are using.
      Regarding performance, some of the LI batts are 1.5Ah and if you have been using the Max 2.5Ah Nicad's the LI's will be a little aneimic......Ray
      Last edited by roadrashray; 03-19-2010, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X