X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 volt jobmax

Just got my jobmax combo, so far pretty cool. Saved up a few projects to use multi-master on. Any one know when the second combo will be released to stores? Cant wait to try the other three attachments.

Re: 12 volt jobmax

I've been waiting to buy a multitool until I heard more about the performance of this one. Have you had a chance to evaluate the battery life of the device when used as a multitool?

Personally, I'm interested in the 90 degree drill attachment and the multitool. Don't really need any of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Ffroggs View Post
      I've been waiting to buy a multitool until I heard more about the performance of this one. Have you had a chance to evaluate the battery life of the device when used as a multitool?

Personally, I'm interested in the 90 degree drill attachment and the multitool. Don't really need any of the others.
      havnt done anyhing that takes a long time as to evaluate the batts. but im going to go out on a limb and say the tool sucks batts dry, if the bosch tool eats em up than so will RIDGIDS! Ill keep ya posted, maybe ill tackle that regrout project soon. As far as not needing any of the other tools, Ive said that a million times and found uses for things I never thought I would

Comment

I've been eying that kit for a while... I noticed that HD has them available in stock and just on there website. If the kit had a flashlight, I'd be all over it...

Comment

I got my Job Max kit yesterday. I haven't used it yet but it is coming. I really like the rubber feel it has. Seems less likely to slip during use. I was able to test drive it in HD though and it seemed to work well but wow that auto hammer is loud....

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by dinandriver View Post
            I've been eying that kit for a while... I noticed that HD has them available in stock and just on there website. If the kit had a flashlight, I'd be all over it...
            you can get a 12 volt led flaslight on ebay for a decent price. Unfortunately RIDGID doesnt sell them separate, or anything separate for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
              you can get a 12 volt led flaslight on ebay for a decent price. Unfortunately RIDGID doesnt sell them separate, or anything separate for that matter.
              Yeah, that's a big negative for me; being forced to spend money on tools I don't want in a kit as opposed to the marketing concept (which has nothing to do with quality) used by Ryobi where they offer starter kits and just about everything is available * la carte w/o batteries. This lets you build a system that fits your needs and expand it without buying tools you don't, or amassing a pile of chargers and spare batteries that you don't have time to maintain the charge in.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dinandriver View Post
                My "gadget loving wife" bought me two headband led flash lights. When she first gave them to me, I thought of the photos of the dorky looking guys advertising these things. "No thanks honey...I'm a man!" Now after using them for a few years, it's one of the first items I grab when needing a flash light. Used it today while in the attic laying ply wood. While I also had a regular flash light, the headband was the most useful. It's always a good thing when one can use both hand AND see at the same time. So, go buy the tools you need, the led headband light... and be happy!!

Comment

Finally got a chance to put the new 12 volt job max kit to work today. I had a friend that call and had a small plumbing problem in his wall. It seems that the hot water side of the washing machine lines burst and sprayed the inside of the exterior wall with water. Anyway, once I pulled the sheetrock off so that I could see what had happened, it was going to be difficult to get much of a cutting device in there to cut out the lines ( I decided to go ahead and put an entirely new connection box in ). So, I broke out the oscillating tool and was able to cut through the drain line fairly easily and quite smooth. It sure made life a little easier than short stroking a hacksaw.

Kevin

Comment

Have used my job max for some small little things like scraping constuction adhesive excess, shearing a few nails and screws, some sanding stuff. Sure beats extension cords!

Comment

Working...
                    X