X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade suggestions for 10" table saw ? 3/4" MDF and 3/4" plywood

I just purchased a used Ridgid TS2412. The blade that came in it is a 6 1/2" blade. I want to purchase a 10" blade and have no idea what to look for in kerf and tooth #. I'll primarily be cutting 3/4" MDF and 3/4" plywood. Can anyone suggest to me a common blade I can go buy at Home Depot to get started. I can't afford anything in excess of $50 right now. I know it's not much but that's all I have to spend right now.

I have 5 AVANTI ULTRA FINISH 7-1/4" SAW BLADES 60 TEETH that are new.
    Can I use the 7 1/4" blades on the saw until I get more money for a decent blade without additional safety concerns? Is it safe to use the 7 1/4" blades on a 10" table saw ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Zappacat; 03-16-2010, 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling
    I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records!
    OzFloyd

Re: Blade suggestions for 10" table saw ? 3/4" MDF and 3/4" plywood

Since you mentioned Home Depot, I like the Titanium Ridgid blades. You can get a good 10" combination blade for about $40. That is what I use as a standard blade on my ts3650 and my ts2400.

Kevin

Comment

I'll second that! I use the Ridgid 40-tooth on two of my saws. Very nice cuts.

CWS

Comment

The Ridgid Titanium R1060C made by Freud should be excellent, as would the Freud Diablo D1040x for $30.

If the AVANTI ULTRA FINISH 7-1/4" SAW BLADES you bought don't specifically say "Freud" on them, I'd return them. HD has started selling a cheap Chinese made knockoff of the former Italian made Freud Avanti line....the knockoffs aren't very good blades, but regardless, this deceptive practice by HD is despicable. They're cashing in on what many of their unsuspecting customers don't know.

Fake:

Original:
        Last edited by hewood; 03-16-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X