Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Ridgid 24v li-ion?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ridgid 24v li-ion?

    Bought a Rdgid 18v li-ion circular saw saw is nice,but 18v kind of weak.they did not have the 24v in stock and never seem too,at home depot.my brother bought the Ridgid sawsall 24v and loves it but he has only owned it for a few months.My question is dose any one own this 24v set up and how do you like it i've herd of some bad news about Ridgid batteries not lasting .

  • #2
    Re: Ridgid 24v li-ion?

    The Ridgid 24V Li lineup has been discontinued. Go corded for extended cuts and reserve the 18V saw for simple cuts

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ridgid 24v li-ion?

      Originally posted by woodnutt99 View Post
      Bought a Rdgid 18v li-ion circular saw saw is nice,but 18v kind of weak.they did not have the 24v in stock and never seem too,at home depot.my brother bought the Ridgid sawsall 24v and loves it but he has only owned it for a few months.My question is dose any one own this 24v set up and how do you like it i've herd of some bad news about Ridgid batteries not lasting .
      We have several Ridgid circ saws and with the 24V batts they will cut 1x boards and 3/4 ply very well. They are fine with 2x cross and challenged ripping 2x. They are power hogs and limited with 18V batts, however we have had better luck using the 18V Max Nicads because they won't trip out from protection circuitry.
      I haven't looked recently, however about a year ago Toolsonline tested 18V circ saws and several brands out performed Ridgid......good luck, Ray

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ridgid 24v li-ion?

        Sorry to respond to this question with another question but I was looking into the cordless circ saw myself and I thought it took either 18v or 24v li ion batts. Can't you just buy a 24v battery and slap it in?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ridgid 24v li-ion?

          Originally posted by Frooky View Post
          Sorry to respond to this question with another question but I was looking into the cordless circ saw myself and I thought it took either 18v or 24v li ion batts. Can't you just buy a 24v battery and slap it in?
          Some models are dual voltage(Max Select), others can only be used with either a 18 or a 24 volt battery. Check the serial number plate located on top of the motor housing. I am looking at the model R855 that came with a 24V set we bought and it has 24.V inscribed on it. I have noticed that a couple of saws we bought with Ridgid 18 volt tool sets have 18V inscribed on them....Ray

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ridgid 24v li-ion?

            Originally posted by Frooky View Post
            Sorry to respond to this question with another question but I was looking into the cordless circ saw myself and I thought it took either 18v or 24v li ion batts. Can't you just buy a 24v battery and slap it in?
            If you got an Ridgid 18V (non-MaxSelect) power tool it will not accept the 24V battery. The 24V battery will also require the specific battery charger.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ridgid 24v li-ion?

              Originally posted by reConx View Post
              If you got an Ridgid 18V (non-MaxSelect) power tool it will not accept the 24V battery. The 24V battery will also require the specific battery charger.
              That's what I figured but I thought all Ridgid cordless circular saws were the same. Which saw comes with the $499 combo kit at HD right now?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ridgid 24v li-ion?

                Originally posted by Frooky View Post
                That's what I figured but I thought all Ridgid cordless circular saws were the same. Which saw comes with the $499 combo kit at HD right now?
                R963 X3 18V Lithium-Ion 5 Pc. Combo
                ***R865 18V Circular saw

                R964 18 V Lithium-Ion 4 Pc. Combo Kit
                ***R8452 18V Circular saw

                R885 Dual Voltage Circular Saw
                ***MaxSelect Dual voltage 18V/24V
                Last edited by reConx; 03-21-2010, 12:40 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ridgid 24v li-ion?

                  Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                  Some models are dual voltage(Max Select), others can only be used with either a 18 or a 24 volt battery. Check the serial number plate located on top of the motor housing. I am looking at the model R855 that came with a 24V set we bought and it has 24.V inscribed on it. I have noticed that a couple of saws we bought with Ridgid 18 volt tool sets have 18V inscribed on them....Ray
                  you can use the 18 volt batts with the tools that say 24 volt on them, not sure if your supposed to, but you can.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Combo tool junk?

                    03/23/10 21:02: Copy of email I just sent to Ridgid CEO Fred Pond:

                    Hello Mr. Pond,

                    I emailed customer service about problems my colleague had after buying the new Ridgid Combo Tool ($199 at Home Depot) and received a non-responsive reply.

                    To wit, a friend bought the tool to do work on his sailboat here in Maine. The tool worked intermittently despite a full battery charge. He returned it to Home Depot for a replacement. That too, worked only intermittently.

                    Sometimes these units would work when the trigger was pulled, sometimes they would not. That simply is inadequate. I suspect there is an issue with the electronics or the trigger, or both, on these units.

                    He returned the second one and is now going to buy a Bosch unit. He would prefer the Ridgid but, twice burned, lesson learned.

                    I emailed customer service at Ridgid and the reply I received was that nothing could be done since there were no "reported issues" with this tool.

                    I consider my email to customer service to be what I call a "reported issue."

                    I had asked Customer Service for some type of help, maybe a gift certificate or something similar, a simple expression of understanding and a way, I thought, for your company to earn back our business.


                    My friend wasted a lot of valuable time running back and forth to and from Home Depot to deal with the problems with the tool.

                    What I got from your Customer Service folks was a reply that said, basically, "we can't help."

                    Thank you for your understanding and anything you can do to help the cause.



                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X