X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet impact driver?

I've been using my M12 Milwaukee drill and love it but ever since I tried out an impact driver, I can't get off my mind how amazing they are at fastening and unfastening screws and bolts ... The only thing is that they are loud as hell! I'd love to stay 12v (for weight reasons). Are there any ones that are quieter? The one I tried out was a 12v Bosch (loud!!!) Any thoughts?

Re: Quiet impact driver?

All the impact drivers I have used are loud.

Comment

Originally posted by dinandriver View Post
      I've been using my M12 Milwaukee drill and love it but ever since I tried out an impact driver, I can't get off my mind how amazing they are at fastening and unfastening screws and bolts ... The only thing is that they are loud as hell! I'd love to stay 12v (for weight reasons). Are there any ones that are quieter? The one I tried out was a 12v Bosch (loud!!!) Any thoughts?

yes, there is an impact that is no louder than a purr of a cat, it's an oil-filled 18v Makita BTS130

Good news: it's discontinued. I tried it and it's absolutely quiet, just low buzzing sound.

Comment

Originally posted by dinandriver View Post
        Are there any ones that are quieter? The one I tried out was a 12v Bosch (loud!!!) Any thoughts?
        My DW/Makita impact drivers perform well despite the noise. I thinks its a neat way to get rid of nosy neighbors or pets

Comment

Working...
        X