45 degree problem ts2424

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 degree problem ts2424

Can't get the blade to 45 degrees. It only goes to 40 degrees. Bent the side of the saw trying. When I tuned it up I noticed for the first time that the blade was too far to the left, but I use stabilizers and that puts the blade dead on.

Re: 45 degree problem ts2424

Your issue could be caused by a couple of things. Check the inside of the saw, if there is an excessive buildup of sawdust that could be what's causing your inability to bevel the blade to 45°. Another area to check would be the throat plate. If you're running a zero clearance plate then that would prevent you from beveling the blade fully. If that's the case then you'll need to make a new throat plate and cut the opening with the blade beveled over to 45°.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

That is not the problem. No throat plate, both 90 degree and 45 degree stops backed off. I couldn't move the blade to the right to get proper clearance because of the tilt mechanism. Fortunately, the stabilizer lined the blade up for perfect fit. I'm wondering if I drop the tilt mechanism rod, then align the blade properly, and reinstall the tilt mechanism screw maybe it will work.

Comment

i had a similar problem with my 2412. i loosened the screws that are inside the saw cabinet which hold the tilt mechanism to the cabinet side. then i operated the tilt mechanism a few times with the two mounting screws "loose". when it felt like the blade was bevelling properly, i tilted it to 45* and then gingerly tightened the two screws that hold the mechnism to the inside of the cabinet. this worked for me. it still gets a little stiff near 45*, but hasn't flexed the side of the cabinet yet. and hopefully time has been taken to clean the height and bevel adjustment rods thoroughly. HTH.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
        X