Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 1/2 year old Rigid 3000psi pressure problem!! Help!

I had two problems (come to find out), and fixed one but still have another. I brought my washer up from the basement this year and was surprised to find it not working. Surprised because it's only a year or so old. The motor started right up (thanks Stabil), everything was connected properly, I had great pressure in from the hose, but had no pressure from the wand. I noticed that the pressure relief wasn't working properly (you could hear it building to the point where it sounded like it would explode) so I'd squeeze the trigger....get a quick, short burst, then dribble. I tried over and over (hoping to bleed the air) but still nothing. I took the end of the pump apart, cleaned the ports and greased the pressure relief valve, and put it all back together. Well, i fixed the one problem (machine can now idle, due to the pressure relief valve working properly) BUT I still have no pressure!!! ??????? I know the pump is working, (because of all the pressure it was building at first) The hose is clear, I put a brand new wand on, I have good flow into the machine.......what gives??? Please help!! I either need to know what to do next and or where to order parts from. Thanks to anyone who can help. Robert

Re: 1 1/2 year old Rigid 3000psi pressure problem!! Help!

Well I have to ask if your basement is heated... What steps (if any) did you take to winterize the unit? By saying pressure relief valve, are you talking about the unloader? When winterizing it is a good idea to remove all water in the lines by using compressed air and treating the pump with PumpSaver. It not only keeps anything in the pump head from freezing up, but the mineral oil in it lubricates all moving parts in the pump head and keeps any mineral buildup from locking things up while stored. Later!

Comment

Unless the pump has been damaged by improper storage or corrosion, I believe I'd take advantage of the unit's 3 year warranty.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Pardon my terminology, I'm new here, and new to working on my washer, and have also lost my manual, so I'm not sure of the proper terms. That being said, I did not properly winterize it due to the fact that I was putting it in a heated that's kept at around 50 deg +. I will never not winterize again regardless of where it's stored, for the corrosion purposes alone. So say something is hung up or gunked up, how do I fix it??
        I remember when it was working properly...... when I'd pull the trigger at first after running and warming up a bit.... it would sound like a clutch would engage or something. This now isn't happening. Is there something I can take apart and free up? Or is it an internal pump issue?
        Also, do you think Home Depot will warranty the pump without my reciept?? I did purchase it with my HomeDepot card....

Comment

Go to the HD service desk and they can print you out a duplicate receipt. If, for whatever reason, the can't print a duplicate, look at the serial number decal on the unit. It has a date of manufacture. As long as it indicates that the unit is less than three years old, warranty repairs can be made without a receipt.

If you wish to know how to take it apart and fix it yourself we need a bit more info. There are two different 3000 PSI units... the RD80746 which uses an AR axial cam pump, and the RD80701 which has a Cat triplex pump. They're easy to tell apart. The AR pump is a round (more or less) aluminum body with a brass head and the Cat has a painted blue body with a brass head.

AR axial cam pump service manual and parts breakdown:
          http://www.arnorthamerica.com/manuals/rmv-om%20806.pdf

Cat triplex pump service manual:
          http://www.catpumps.com/select/pdfs/1DX-3SPX%20Svc.pdf
          Last edited by Doctordeere; 03-21-2010, 12:19 PM. Reason: Added information
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
          X