Dremel Multi tool attachment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dremel Multi tool attachment

I just purchased the dremel multi tiool, for my new job of re-fiberglassing my boat. i used the "half moon" wood/drywall attachment that came with it thinking it would get the job done removing some fiberglass. it did a pretty good job but didnt stay sharp long. I was wandering if anyone new a better attachment for cutting through fiberglass. thanks!

Re: Dremel Multi tool attachment

First off, welcome to the forum.
    Secondly, your question. I have the Horrible Freight version of the multi tool, so I'm not sure what Dremel offers in accessories. Anything they have with a carbide cutting edge will do real well on fiberglass and will stay sharp longer than anything else. Also, if they have anything that has a bi-metal cutting edge (like for cutting off nails) will also hold up much longer. Like I said, I don't have the Dremel and I haven't looked at their accessories, so I'm not sure what is out there for attachments.
    Cheers,
    Jim Don

Comment

no the life of the Dremel tools is not that great, and I do not remember if there is any interchangeable between brands, I know there is some but with who's and which way I do not remember, but Fein accessories cost about 4 to 5 times as much, Even if they would fit, I think I read they do have a little longer life,

I do not think they offer any carbide tipped tools,

http://messageboard.dremel.com/Topic4423-31-1.aspx
      the last post on this discussion says they are interchange with fein if that helps,

may be the grout blade that is carbide chips would do you better, http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-MM501-1.../dp/B001GNC8U0
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

thanks guys, ill check out a little more and see if the fein attachments will fit, if they do that would be great becuase dremel doesnt offer that many attachments. but to anyone that wants to know, i used the dremel multi tool lastnight sanding/ trying to cut some fiberglass for around an hour, didnt get too hot, not very loud and did a really good job. i almost got the craftsman cordless, thinking the battery would last a while, but after reading all the reviews saying battery power wasnt too good, i decided to get the dremel. Awesome! i love it

Comment

Working...
        X