X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discontinue table saw

I was in the market for a portable table saw and had seen different model # of Ridgid saws online. So I called Ridgid today to find out what are the models they make right now. They told me models r4510 andr4511 were the only ones they make right now but they are discontinuing both of them. They didn't know what or when they would replace them with. So the search goes on

Re: Discontinue table saw

while the 4511 has apparently been discontinued as an itme available in the HD stores, i have read that it can be special orderes through a store's pro desk. might be worth checking out. the 4510 is still stocked in the stores and, as portable TSs go, is, IMHO, one of the better portable saws out there. so if the 4510 will meet your needs, i'm fairly certain you can still get one at your local HD.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thats the one I was thinking about. It's just in the past I've bought discontinue things then can't get parts.

Comment

...or discontinue them before parts are even available...I can't believe that about the R4510, although I shouldnt' be too surprised. The 2410 contractor saw wasn't even out a year or so when they sprung the R4510. Dado inserts aren't even available for it yet. Geez.
        RCx

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."
        --Theodore Roosevelt, "The Strenuous Life," April 10, 1899

Comment

The answer may be here:

Read.

I'm sorry but I do not like this SOB forcing his SawStop
          technology on the public. If you can't produce it at a
          competitive price then too bad, go back to the drawing
          board and come with something cheaper that does the job.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob, Thanks for sharing that artical.
            I would love to have saw stop technology on my saw, but i wouldnt have a table saw right now if i had to have a cabinet saw with that on it, due to price and portability
            I will continue to use my TS2400 and be careful of the sharp spining blade.

Comment

Well I think I'm going to get the Ryobi BT21. I think it will be all I need since I don't use A table saw alot.

Comment

Working...
              X