X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handheld Laser Distance Measurer

I have been seeing these all over the internet and wanted to know if anyone here has one or has any experience using one.

I`m thinking about buying one. Thoughts?

I`m looking at the bosch

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/M...px?pid=DLR130K

And the hilti

http://www.us.hilti.com/holus/page/m...ProdOid=334134

Thx in advance fella`s

Re: Handheld Laser Distance Measurer

I have a handheld laser distance measurer and stud finder combo tool made by Ryobi, their model #EMTP006, that I've had for over three years now It's a "sonic tape" and on the back it says it'll measure up to 50'. Cost me less than $30 and does a fine job of making accurate measurements to the inch. It calculates square footage and will adds measurements to display linear footage, so it's a handy tool to have on the job. I've also used it in my real estate practice to do the room measurements instead of breaking out the tape to measure as it's just more professional, extremely fast and not as cumbersome as doing the physical measuring. If you want my opinion, it is a great tool and has done me well. Don't know if Ryobi still makes their sonic tape, but if they do, look at that one too.

Comment

I have a handheld laser distance measurer and stud finder combo tool made by Ryobi, their model #EMTP006, that I've had for over three years now It's a "sonic tape" and on the back it says it'll measure up to 50'. Cost me less than $30 and does a fine job of making accurate measurements to the inch. It calculates square footage and will adds measurements to display linear footage, so it's a handy tool to have on the job. I've also used it in my real estate practice to do the room measurements instead of breaking out the tape to measure as it's just more professional, extremely fast and not as cumbersome as doing the physical measuring. If you want my opinion, it is a great tool and has done me well. Don't know if Ryobi still makes their sonic tape, but if they do, look at that one too.

Comment

I have the Bosch. Bought it from Amazon when it was the deal of the day for $70. Love it. Only used it a couple of times but it works well.

Comment

Working...
        X