X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee Hackzall Users

I read the first thread about this tool and I see several people here own one and initially liked it. I was wondering how you feel about now after using it for several months. I just bought one and I think I got a lemon. I've tried to cut 1-1/2" PVC and the battery dies half way through the cut. If I wait a few seconds the battery gains some life and continues to cut. After repeating this process three times, the cut is finished. Is this normal in your experience?

Re: Milwaukee Hackzall Users

No, not a lemon unless mine is also. Does the same thing but only if the battery gets below half way. With a fresh charge it cuts pretty good. It seems to have more trouble cutting wood and plastic than it does metal pipes It tends to bind up pretty easily like what you are describing on PVC for some reason

Comment

same with mine. is it geting overloaded and the battery can't supply the power?

mine is close to a year old and i'll see the milwaukee rep at the trade show in a month. i'll pick his brain too

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I'm on my third hackzall in under two years. The first two do the same thing you described. The third one is under one week old. I'll see how long this one lasts.

On a side note, I also have over half a dozen bad batteries less then two years old, my impact driver is weak now, and I have to slap the side of the LED flashlight several times for it to come on. I think the Milwaukee rep at the trade show is getting a major earful from me this year.

Comment

After posting I played around a little with my Hackzall and I found that using a 6tpi wood blade did much better the metal cutting blade I first tried. But it still struggles a little. On the Milwaukee website they claim over 80 cuts through 1-1/2" PVC on a single charge. If you guys are going to see the factory rep, ask him to demonstrate that!

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...ordless+System

Comment

Originally posted by thedcdude View Post
            After posting I played around a little with my Hackzall and I found that using a 6tpi wood blade did much better the metal cutting blade I first tried. But it still struggles a little. On the Milwaukee website they claim over 80 cuts through 1-1/2" PVC on a single charge. If you guys are going to see the factory rep, ask him to demonstrate that!

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...ordless+System
            i got 83 cuts with a 14 tpi blade on 1-1/2 ABS pipe, cutting continuously.

if your hackzall bogs down, you are using a wrong blade or a wrong technique. batteries are rarely to blame. I also recommend you get a 6 cell XC battery instead of a stock battery.

Comment

Working...
            X