X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narrow Crown Stapler missing staples

I have a Ridgid Narrow Crown Finish Stapler. Have shot less than a thousand staples through it. Yesterday it started missing staples. It shoots, but no staple. I am useing Senco staples, and nothing visually appears to be wrong with them. When it happens, i look in the magazine, and the staples appear to be shoved against the end, and can find nothing wrong. Any answers? Thanks.

Re: Narrow Crown Stapler missing staples

I have not experienced what you are describing. I do suggest the following:

1. ensure the staples are clean and not oily..often they have a coating on them
    2. with a dry soft cloth wipe out the area the staples are inserted. Often dirt may cause
    jamming
    3. check your air pressure
    4. remove the front as if you have experienced a jam and wipe the area clean.

If the problem still happens try a different staple length
    and then it may need servicing..I had a lot of problems with a 23ga pin nailer and it
    turned out to be a worn "O" ring

Edit: I believe the stapler will not fire if you have a few staples remaining..this is its design
    are you using a full length of fresh staples?
    If I'm in the wrong direction and you're misfiring with a full length of staples it may
    be time for a visit to a service center for warranty repair.

Cactus Man
    Last edited by cactusman; 04-05-2010, 11:06 AM. Reason: additional information

Comment

I have not tried to wipe out the staple area, but I did take the staples out several times, and even put a different row in, and reversed the row, with no luck. As I said, it really has not had much wear. I tried to adjust the air pressure, also. No luck. I do plan to call Ridgid tomorrow and ask them for suggestions, but thought I might find the answer on their forum. Thanks.

Comment

Have you used senco staples before with no problem?
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

make sure the magazine is clean, and the spring is wiped free of dirt if it is exposed in any way, I had a framing nailer and would not work with some brands of staples and some makes are not as precise as other, of may be try a different segment of staples, but I would guess some dirt or goo is in the magazine or the spring is sticking some where, check for any burs, and some times the glue or what ever the staple company can be such that some extra width or some small defect may be hanging a little, if the staples can not move froward it will shoot a miss,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I have looked at it some more, when it misses, and it appears that the hammer is not returning all the way to the top, so it cannot catch the staple on the way down. Don't know if this is a spring, lubrication, or what. This unit is not suppose to need lubrication. I am going to call Ridgid.

Comment

if the striker is dragging the staples inside, it might be "mushroomed" at the end, you would need to file it down so it's perfectly flat on the surface that glides over the staples

Comment

A Lack of lubrication can cause this problem.
                SSG, U.S. Army
                Retired
                K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
                X