3000psi pressure washer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3000psi pressure washer

I recently had my 3000psi ridgid pump start dribbling oil from the pump/piston. So I ordered a new pump assembly as the non cat pump isn't serviceable.
    309515003 Pump [Info]
    Anyway, hooked it on and works great. I happen to touch the part after running it for awhile and noticed it was hot. Just as hot as the engine. Now I cant imagine how it wouldn't have oil in it already, but i thought I would ask.. That part has oil in it right? and the temp was just the temp of the engine transferring through the metal?

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/ima...5001-1_med.gif

Re: 3000psi pressure washer

Yes on direct drive models heat will be transferred from the engine through the pump. With cold water going through the head all moving parts will be fine. That type of pump is sealed and has the oil already inside the main housing. Typically you don't have to change the oil in them because it is designed to last as long as the pump itself as long as you have no contamination.

Honestly pretty much any PW pump can be serviced in such a manner. Now the parts might cost more than it's worth, but usually parts can be found for repairs.

Will also say that for that price better pumps can be found that can be mated to your engine for better performance and longevity. Later!

Comment

thanks, thats what I thought just wanted to make sure.

And no I didn't pay anywhere near that

Comment

Need the same part for mine and was looking at the same websight. Hints on where you got yours for less. I have 2 and one is out of commission. Need to repair it ASAP. Thanks for any tips!

Comment

Working...
        X