Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Leaking Everywhere

re: Rigid 3000 PSI CAT power washer

Water is leaking everywhere where the hose meets the gun/wand. Do I need a new hose, new connectors, a washer?

Tom T.

Re: Water Leaking Everywhere

Hard to tell what is wrong from your description. Most likely it's either the connector on the hose, the gun or both.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thanks. Is there supposed to be a washer or o-ring? I see a Rigid o-ring kit on Home Depot's web site. Hopefully, this is easily fixable with a new connector or both connectors.

Tom T.

Comment

Before you got and buy o-rings, make sure nothing has gotten loose. Water can't be leaking from hose at pump and gun at the same time, which is it? Give hose connections a good tighten, pressure and vibration will cause them to loosen.

Comment

Its leaking at the gun. I probably should have said "washer" not o-ring. Its not leaking at the pump.

I was Home Depot this morning and it looks like there's a washer inside the hose where it connects to the gun. That washer may be missing on my hose. I'll check it when I get home from work tonight.

Thanks for the help.

Tom T.

Comment

the hose connect with quick disconnects that use an o-ring inside the snap coupler. they will get damaged if you try to disconnect with pressure still in the line. or could fall out if you run water when the hoses are not connected.

i simple ice pick , paper clip bent open, pocket screwdriver, o-ring pick. will easily pop the damaged o-ring out of the coupler.

this is common for us that do jetting and i carry dozens of the for both 1/4'', and 3/8'' snap couplers. along with o-rings for the 22mm couplers.

also check the coupler plugs for nicks or rust. i use stainless to prevent rust.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

Thanks! I'm sure the o-ring has fallen out. I purchased the o-ring kit ($4) at HD today so I should be back in business tonight. Thanks.

Tom T.

Comment

Working...
              X