Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will upgrading cordless drill chuck void warranty?

I am very fond of my 18v compact drill but the cheapo plastic chuck takes away from the drill's quality in my opinion. Some of my longer boring bits seem to wobble slightly as well. I would love to replace it with a metal keyless chuck like I've seen on milwaukees. Is this possible and will it void the LSA?

Re: Will upgrading cordless drill chuck void warranty?

If you're worried about the warranty, just keep the old chuck and put it back on before you send the drill in for warranty...

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
      If you're worried about the warranty, just keep the old chuck and put it back on before you send the drill in for warranty...
      I take it they're fairly simple to replace then? Never attempted this before.

Comment

Originally posted by Frooky View Post
        I take it they're fairly simple to replace then? Never attempted this before.
        instructions in manual i think

Comment

Just put back the wobble chuck fr. Ridgid back on if you need to send it in for repair. The milwaukee chucks are not that great either now that they are made by TTI and not Jacobs. My all metal M12 drill has a wobble. went to exchange it and WOW the new one was worse than the one I had bought first. Poor QC and build . They seem not to want to improve the chucks as thus has been a known issue for years. My various DeWalt, Makita, and even HFT air drill has no wobble. I believe yours is a single sleeve which requires that type of chuck. They are easier to change b/c the shaft locks. Follow the instr.man. and buy a quality Jacobs chuck, they too make cheap ones but at least they do not wobble like the Ridgid/Milwaukee ones. The keyed one on my RA Ridgid is perfect though.
          Last edited by Andrew M.; 04-12-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
            instructions in manual i think
            I couldn't find instructions in the manual PDF. Also, since it's the Fuego compact drill it has an "integrated chuck and gearbox for a more compact design." Makes me nervous about taking it apart. I've been searching the web for a tutorial that covers my specific drill with little luck. I think it's the R86007. Came with a Fuego reciprocating saw in a combo pack.

Comment

Working...
            X