X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts 3650 foot safety switch

Has anyone figured out how to attached a foot safety switch to the TS3650? I find the paddle switch on the front guide rail very difficult to find when I need it for some reason and bought a Woodcraft foot switch, but have not been able to figure out how to attach it. I have the Herculon lift. Thanks.

Re: Ts 3650 foot safety switch

Originally posted by english44 View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to attached a foot safety switch to the TS3650? I find the paddle switch on the front guide rail very difficult to find when I need it for some reason and bought a Woodcraft foot switch, but have not been able to figure out how to attach it. I have the Herculon lift. Thanks.
    There are two types of foot switches I can think of, a dead man style and a on/off style. NEITHER is meant to be used with a table saw as far as I know, and I bet if you asked the manufacturer of the foot switch, they would cringe at you using their product in this manner, I don't see it as safe. Those switches work well wth scroll saws and routers mounted in a table and a few other tools, but a table saw or a radial arm saw would not be in that list (for me anyway).

What is it you want to do that you are trying to add the footswitch? Maybe someone here can suggest an alternate method.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Re: Ts 3650 foot safety switch

NEVER use a foot switch on a table saw that is extremely DANGEROUS!

I am left handed and found the on/off switch on my Delta contractor saw was in an awful location, small, and not designed for a lefty to safely access when the saw is running.

I added a second on/off paddle switch on the left side of the saw
      under the front rail. I kept the saw's switch and have it as a "master on/off" When I run the saw I turn on the master then use the new paddle switch on the left to turn the saw on/off.

When I'm done I turn both switches to off. The master switch ensures no accidental turning on the saw

Be safe and smart not lazy and injured!

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
      X