cleaning advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning advice

hey guys new to this site and hobby/profession waas wondering if any one had tips in clenaing fences, vinyll siding, and concrete. also what chemicals work best . i have never used the soap adapter. I own 2 of the 3000gpm machines any and all advice is appreciated thanks

Re: cleaning advice

Remember that for most cleaning applications it is the cleaner that does the stain lifting and the water pressure/volume that washes it away. Most make the mistake of thinking lots of pressure is best, but that usually isn't the case. On wood, vinyl, etc. something with lower pressure and high volume is best along with a decent cleaner. People blast away and damage the finish.

Personally the cheapest/most effective overall cleaner I've found is using 16 oz. of Simple Green and 16 oz. of Clorox outdoor bleach, both mixed and diluted with 3/4 gallon of water. Apply this, let it sit as long as needed (don't let it dry) and wash away. The outdoor bleach works great because it has surfactants in it making it cling to the surface much longer. There is really nothing wrong with the "pressure washer specific" cleaners you see in big box stores. I personally think they are overpriced and overrated in what they can achieve. A mix like I mentioned is much more effective and cheaper to make.

Also, your machines have downstream injection, meaning the cleaners/bleach will never reach the the insides of your pumps. As with any cleaner be sure to run plenty of cold water through after you're done for the day to make sure the detergent injection system, hoses, gun, etc. are thoroughly rinsed and you're good to go. I also recommend using something like PumpSaver when storing for any length of time as well as for any winterizing that might be needed. It lubricates all moving parts as well as keeps anything from freezing up. Later!

Comment

Re: cleaning advice

thanks for your advice. ive been just using straight water. i tried using soap once but didnt think the machine was using water.i guess ill have to read more on machine thanks again later

Comment

Working...
      X