Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid 3000psi 2.6 gpm washer question

So, got my pressure washer yesterday.

Read the manual, it said the engine ships with 2 oz of oil, so I took the can of oil supplied and added to the engine crankcase (two plugs, one on either side, so they're serious. However, when removing the pressure relief valve from the pump (as instructed) I realized it seemed to be low on lube.

So, having added the supplied hd 30 to the engine, do I also need to supplied oil to the caterpiller pressure pump ; and if so at what level?

Re: ridgid 3000psi 2.6 gpm washer question

Originally posted by lgvenable View Post
    So, got my pressure washer yesterday.

Read the manual, it said the engine ships with 2 oz of oil, so I took the can of oil supplied and added to the engine crankcase (two plugs, one on either side, so they're serious. However, when removing the pressure relief valve from the pump (as instructed) I realized it seemed to be low on lube.

So, having added the supplied hd 30 to the engine, do I also need to supplied oil to the caterpiller pressure pump ; and if so at what level?
    Be very careful when adding the crankcase oil. Yes the manual says 2oz. already in add another 18 oz. to = 20oz. total. I only had to add 15 oz. on mine. Oil level should be about 3/4 the way up the dip stick, maybe alittle more. If you over fill the engine, it will run rough and smoke. As for the "Caterpiller" pump. The oil level should be straight across the middle of the red dot on the sight glass. You need to use pump oil for the pump.

Comment

Working...
    X