X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Compressor leaks thru discharge valve

I have a Ridgid OL50135w oiled compressor that hasn't been used for a year and now it won't build up pressure. It blows out the air thru the discharge valve. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Re: Ridgid Compressor leaks thru discharge valve

I just fixed another brand with this problem. Look at the parts diagram and disassemble the 'non-return valve #36" if you can do that on this model. Mine had a bit of rust blocking the one way valve from seating fully. The other suspect part is the relief valve (discharges air after the tank reaches pressure and the compressor turns off), it could be sticking open. I believe this is part 27 on the diagram

Comment

wbrooks

Took off the non-return valve off..doesn't come apart..sprayed wd30 in and the valve seems to work...but who knows..the discharge valve is new and I don't see a relief valve..are discharge and relief the same? Thx for the help .. Toolster

Comment

I think the relief valve and discharge valve are different names for the same device. If the discharge/relief valve was changed check that the actuator pin is seated correctly against the actuator plate on the pressure switch

Comment

Working...
        X