Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

18 volt cordless drill chuck

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 18 volt cordless drill chuck

    The chuck is a Jacobs 500 series keyless chuck. One of the 3 grips fell out of the inside of the chuck and I want to replace it. I removed the screw from the center of the chuck, but how do I remove the chuck?
    Last edited by electricaldoctor; 05-08-2010, 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling + additional info.

  • #2
    Re: 18 volt cordless drill chuck

    Is there a better place to post my problem on how to remove the chuck? Are there no experts out there?


    • #3
      Re: 18 volt cordless drill chuck

      There are expert's "out there", however if you place a post at the ungodly hour of 8:30 on a Sat night, they have all gone to bed. Most are chronologically challanged and need their beauty rest. I will attempt to fill in for one of them.
      Here is the appropriate section from the auto shift drill handbook which I believe is the same as the Jabobs 500. Pg 14 If the drill is less than 3 yrs old and you are the origianl owner and have a receipt or if you registered for the LSA you can take the drill to a Ridgid service center(follow ridge Tool Co. thread at bottom of this page) and they will fix it at no cost to you......Ray
      Last edited by roadrashray; 05-09-2010, 12:20 PM.