X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 volt cordless drill chuck

The chuck is a Jacobs 500 series keyless chuck. One of the 3 grips fell out of the inside of the chuck and I want to replace it. I removed the screw from the center of the chuck, but how do I remove the chuck?
    Last edited by electricaldoctor; 05-08-2010, 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling + additional info.

Re: 18 volt cordless drill chuck

Is there a better place to post my problem on how to remove the chuck? Are there no experts out there?

Comment

Re: 18 volt cordless drill chuck

There are expert's "out there", however if you place a post at the ungodly hour of 8:30 on a Sat night, they have all gone to bed. Most are chronologically challanged and need their beauty rest. I will attempt to fill in for one of them.
      Here is the appropriate section from the auto shift drill handbook which I believe is the same as the Jabobs 500. Pg 14 http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/EF090E7...285_eng_02.pdf If the drill is less than 3 yrs old and you are the origianl owner and have a receipt or if you registered for the LSA you can take the drill to a Ridgid service center(follow ridge Tool Co. thread at bottom of this page) and they will fix it at no cost to you......Ray
      Last edited by roadrashray; 05-09-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X