Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

    in the past couple yeas i have purchased several rigid tools and want to say this is the biggest bunch of garbage ive ever seen air compresser junk cordless tools junk nail guns junk its all garbage and when you return it to home depote they treat you like your a theif they are the theives i dont recomend this garbage or that sorry store to any one i now shop at lowes or any place except home depote

  • #2
    Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

    Well good for you... now you can post over on their forums!

    Good luck,

    CWS

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

      You really can't blame ridgid, the stuff's all made in china. They can't afford to make it here in the USA! Home depot is just doing what they were designed to do, wipe out the competition and then mess with the consumers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

        Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        You really can't blame ridgid, the stuff's all made in china. They can't afford to make it here in the USA! Home depot is just doing what they were designed to do, wipe out the competition and then mess with the consumers.
        I hate this kind of mentality. I'd love it if a manufacturer made a "gold" line of tools that were made in USA and had exceedingly high quality. There would likely be a number of professionals as well as typical weekend warriors who would gladly pay extra for quality tools that they know will be used by their grandchildren.

        Not sure I agree with the OP, though. I know quite a lot of Chinese tools are junk (Harbor Freight is the poster child for that stuff). It is unfortunate that a tool company has to outsource and end up with products with questionable quality.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

          I dont understand why You would keep purchasing the tools through out the years if You dis-liked the products so much. I know my whole garage is full of Ridgid tools from Air compressors to pressure washers right down to table saw , sliding compound saw , 18v cordless and 12v cordless.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

            Originally posted by kennethsjunk View Post
            in the past couple yeas i have purchased several rigid tools and want to say this is the biggest bunch of garbage ive ever seen air compresser junk cordless tools junk nail guns junk its all garbage and when you return it to home depote they treat you like your a theif they are the theives i dont recomend this garbage or that sorry store to any one i now shop at lowes or any place except home depote
            I heard there is a sale on punctuation at Lowe's, must be all sold out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

              I have couple questions for the first poster
              1) are you a troll looking to cause people get all excited by trash talking the Ridgid tool line?
              2) If the tools are no good and not worth the cost and the price of going to the store, why did you go back and buy more?
              3) If HD return counter people give you such a hard time returning an item, ask to speak to the service manager and voice your opinion, are you one of those people who buy something and use it then return it because your done with it and never really had any intention of buying it, but just wanted to rent it without having to see the rental desk?
              4) If Lowes is your store of choice and carries the line of tools you perfer to use or rent or even buy, shop there and enjoy the Lowes store, or do you use the buy to rent excuse there too?
              5) are you done whining or do you feel the need to whine some more?

              I like my Ridgid tools I own and will buy more as the need comes up and I have the extra cash to pay for them so I can keep them. I use and abuse them and they keep on working.
              No Problems yet and if there are problems I am sure I will get good service.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

                I recently purchased a Ridgid Sawzall at Home Depot: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R3002-Or...w/EN/index.htm.

                It couldn't hold a blade in any situation, it just kept spitting them out, so I returned it to Home Depot with my receipt within a week or so. The return counter person did give me a little trouble and didn't want to take it back but I knew I was in the right and calmly asked for a manager. The manager listened and gave me my refund quickly and easily.

                The product was defective but that will happen with any product in the world that you could buy. I would happily buy anything from the Ridgid product line, and I'm sure I will. Other Ridgid tools that I have continue to perform wonderfully after many years of wear and tear.

                As for Home Depot and Lowe's.. Some are better than others and train their workforce better. I don't expect the guy at Home Depot to be able to help me with everything just like I don't expect workers at Barnes and Nobles to recite Shakespeare in their spare time. It's just a job to get by for many of them and I think very few people aspire to be "expert return counter employees" so don't bother expecting it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

                  I bought a Ridgid shop wet/dry vac about 9 years ago at Home Depot. I have used and abused this thing every which way. I have used it to suck up gravel, nails, leaves, mud, broken sheetrock, filthy water, etc. I am very angry because I can not kill it. I want the new cordless one but my wife won't let me buy it till the old one dies. I did have to replace the hose about a year ago because it had a bad kink. Oh, and I did replace the filter twice in 9 years. Any ideas on how I can kill this shop vac?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

                    Originally posted by sunrisejim View Post
                    I bought a Ridgid shop wet/dry vac about 9 years ago at Home Depot. I have used and abused this thing every which way. I have used it to suck up gravel, nails, leaves, mud, broken sheetrock, filthy water, etc. I am very angry because I can not kill it. I want the new cordless one but my wife won't let me buy it till the old one dies. I did have to replace the hose about a year ago because it had a bad kink. Oh, and I did replace the filter twice in 9 years. Any ideas on how I can kill this shop vac?
                    what new cordless one?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

                      Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                      what new cordless one?
                      I should have been more specific about it. A Dewalt http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...277&marketID=2

                      I am sure it won't be as powerful as my ridgid vac but it will be more convenient without the cord. I hope Ridgid comes out with a cordless shop vac some time soon too.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

                        Originally posted by sunrisejim View Post
                        I should have been more specific about it. A Dewalt http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...277&marketID=2

                        I am sure it won't be as powerful as my ridgid vac but it will be more convenient without the cord. I hope Ridgid comes out with a cordless shop vac some time soon too.
                        i have the 18/24 volt wet dry vac from ridgid, ( WD2450 dont make anymore, ebay has sometimes) it rules because will fit 1 7/8 or 2 1/2 inch hose. all the other cordless ones have a 1 1/2 inch hose hole, way too small. That dewalt however has the one feature missing from RIDGIDS, its corded and cordless power.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

                          Originally posted by JoePolvino View Post
                          I hate this kind of mentality. I'd love it if a manufacturer made a "gold" line of tools that ........ had exceedingly high quality. There would likely be a number of professionals as well as typical weekend warriors who would gladly pay extra for quality tools that they know will be used by their grandchildren.
                          (Please note I removed a few words from the original quote)
                          There are such items. They're not gold, but rather black and green and they do cost a bunch. But IMHO, they're worth it.

                          I'm a big fan of the Ridgid stationary and shop tools.. I have more than a few. But I have migrated to Festool for almost all of my handheld power tools.
                          I groaned at the time when I bought each one, but I smile every time I use them.


                          Oh, and I saw that the OP has posted that he is 'quiting site' [sic]. Yay and bon voyage.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

                            i believe he said AMERICAN made, that was the operative phrase.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: rigid tools garbage home depote wont go there

                              Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                              i have the 18/24 volt wet dry vac from ridgid, ( WD2450 dont make anymore, ebay has sometimes) it rules because will fit 1 7/8 or 2 1/2 inch hose. all the other cordless ones have a 1 1/2 inch hose hole, way too small. That dewalt however has the one feature missing from RIDGIDS, its corded and cordless power.
                              Right now I have the WD1200. I just went and dug up the receipt and found out I bought it in June 2000. It still works like the day I bought it. The only thing I dont like is that it tends to tip over when I pull on it when I am cleaning the garage floor or patio. I have also been looking at the 4.5 Gallon Pro Pack Portable Wet/Dry Vac by Ridgid because it looks like you can carry it while vaccuming. I know the hose is smaller so that may be a problem. I do like the compact size though. I could probably just stick this in the trunk of my car with no problem. I wish it was cordless

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X