X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, another pressure washer question

Hey all, I have read everything on the site but I am not sure I have come up with an answer. I am looking at a used Ridgid 3300psi pressure washer and was wondering if the new EFI one is much better than the older version? The used one I am looking at is like new and a pretty good price, but I am not sure if I would be better picking up the newer version? Thanks.

Brew

Re: Sorry, another pressure washer question

Originally posted by tsbrewers View Post
    Hey all, I have read everything on the site but I am not sure I have come up with an answer. I am looking at a used Ridgid 3300psi pressure washer and was wondering if the new EFI one is much better than the older version? The used one I am looking at is like new and a pretty good price, but I am not sure if I would be better picking up the newer version? Thanks.

Brew
    Brew,

What is the price difference? I purchased my 3300 brand new last year and it is the best PW I have ever owned by far and I have owned the best.

Soar
    Don't squabble with the chickens
    Instead, soar
    with the eagles

Comment

It was virtually like new, and they wanted $300. Unfortunately I told them I wouldn't have the cash until the end of the week, and they sold it about an hour later.

Brew

Comment

I am in the same boat...I am not sure if I should spend the extra $$ on the newer version w/EFI. Someone has the RD80763 on Craigslist for $450 (although I think I can get him down to $300 being that some store around here still have some left for $499- 10%). He said it was never used but in the next sentance said "like new". He said it is about a year old. We will use it around the house (siding, deck, peel paint, cars, etc.) but my boyfriend does gutters and will be using it for occasional side jobs for his customers. Would it be worth the extra $375 to get the RD80702 w/EFI?

Comment

Originally posted by danicole View Post
          ...but my boyfriend does gutters and will be using it for occasional side jobs for his customers. Would it be worth the extra $375 to get the RD80702 w/EFI?
          No. Not in my opinion. I'd much rather have the RD80763. But if it's going to get a workout as a commercially used unit you need to check into the RD80770.
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

EFI? Errhh. Nothing really new added. All it's doing, IIRC, is having you pay a few extra bucks for a conversion from a carburated engine to a fuel injected engine. It's already 4-cycle engines that are mounted on these things. I would think that the EFI addition really doesn't add any major benefit to it, aside from ever-so-slightly-less emissions.

Comment

Working...
            X