Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the R884 reciprocating saw

Hey all,

First post here but I've been enjoying my Ridgid corless tools for quite a while. I ran into a problem this past Friday and lost my tool bin off the back of my truck including my Ridgid cordless 18V hammer drill and 18v reciprocating saw. I bought them a couple years ago around Christmas time as a combo for $199. It hurts so much to loose them.

Here's the issue I'm running into. Looking at the R884 saw (just like the one I lost) it says it only runs on 24V Li and 18v NiCd. Neither of which I can buy in store anymore and honestly don't need either. Will this saw run on the 3.0ah Li battery? On the HD site it's bringing up that battery as I might be interested in it. I'd like to have that saw again but want to be able to interchange batteries with the 18v R86007 I got today for $89. I got that one since it only has one battery and I could grab the 3.0ah for $99 for the saw and drill to use.

Edit: Ok looking at the 3.0ah Li battery, it says it fits all existing 18V Ridgid tools (Ni-Cad or Lithium). So I guess I'm good to go?
    Last edited by gonk2448; 05-17-2010, 10:50 PM.

Re: Question about the R884 reciprocating saw

Too bad about your tools....
    The MaxSelect reciprocating saw can use either 24/18V batteries but have reportedly performed below expectations with 18V power. IMO pick up the latest 18V reciprocating saw. All current Ridgid 18V powertools can use all current 18V batteries. Use the lithium charger for all battery types for best results. Only batteries purchased in kits are eligible for LSA
    Last edited by reConx; 05-18-2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the max select 18v is the same as the one that came in the kit I had. With 18v NiCd that thing was a beast. I had no issue with performance ever. What is the latest 18v you're mentioning? The little one handed Fuego one? I think it's too small and too short of a stroke for my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by gonk2448 View Post
        I'm pretty sure that the max select 18v is the same as the one that came in the kit I had. With 18v NiCd that thing was a beast. I had no issue with performance ever. What is the latest 18v you're mentioning? The little one handed Fuego one? I think it's too small and too short of a stroke for my needs.
        Good to know the R884 performed well for you. I was referring to the 18V R864 which is part of the 18V X3 kit which is only available as a kit. I have the Fuego which is nice for smaller tasks and have the corded models for demo. EBAY may be your source for a new or slightly used R884. The older 18V R8442 is another option

Comment

Working...
        X