Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just purchased the 5 piece combo kit with the free radio and battery...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchased the 5 piece combo kit with the free radio and battery...

Just purchased the 5 piece combo kit with the free battery and radio. Just wanted to know if anyone else here has purchased the same combo pack and how they like it.

I have used my Dewalt Fatboy 4 piece combo pack for over 10 years and I have been very happy with it.

When I opened the RIGID Combo pack last night, I felt as if I just moved from a VW to a Porsche!

Here are some of the immediate differences I noticed:

The charger looks and feels more than twice as strong as the Dewalt.

The engineering on the light places it in a category all of it's own...can't even compare it with the Dewalt.

Sawzall appears much heavier in weight and power than the Dewalt.

What a difference. Anyway, the main reason why I purchased this Combo kit is because of the Lifetime Warranty.

I mailed my paperwork this morning. How long have most of you been waiting to receive back the lifetime confirmation and paperwork?

Soar
    Last edited by soarwitheagles; 05-18-2010, 07:55 PM.
    Don't squabble with the chickens
    Instead, soar
    with the eagles

Re: Just purchased the 5 piece combo kit with the free radio and battery...

I own the 5 pc set I purchased it back in 07. Very pleased with this set.Also purchased additional tools as well,all together i own 10 tools.
    As far as the paper work, don't get in any hurry, mine took around 6 months.
    Don't forget when you do get your warranty card to go to your dashboard and make sure all the tools you registered are listed.

Huck

Comment

Originally posted by huckster4 View Post
      I own the 5 pc set I purchased it back in 07. Very pleased with this set.Also purchased additional tools as well,all together i own 10 tools.
      As far as the paper work, don't get in any hurry, mine took around 6 months.
      Don't forget when you do get your warranty card to go to your dashboard and make sure all the tools you registered are listed.

Huck
      ThaNKS Huck!
      Instead, soar
      with the eagles

Comment

what is the model number on that kit

Comment

I think its R9631 ----

Comment

it comes with a free radio and battery?

Comment

The R9631 kit includes the X3 tools plus the compact radio+extra compact battery

Comment

dont have that in col oh, sounds cool

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                  what is the model number on that kit
                  Yes, the model # is R9631 kit. I have been using these tools for a couple of weeks now and will probably never go back to my Dewalts.

Dewalt combo kit served me well for over 10 years, and at times for over 8 hours per day, but can't even compare them with these Ridgids.

I am so happy I purchased the Rigid Combo pack with the Radio and extra battery. The Radio is set up so I can plug in my MP3 player and Ipod too.

Can't beat that!

Soar
                  Instead, soar
                  with the eagles

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                    The R9631 kit includes the X3 tools plus the compact radio+extra compact battery
                    Yup, yer right!

Soar
                    Instead, soar
                    with the eagles

Comment

where did you buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian N View Post
                        where did you buy it?
                        Home Depot!
                        Instead, soar
                        with the eagles

Comment

I also just picked up this combo kit. The in store display was odd, they had a pile of the kits but some did not have the extra battery and radio. Up-graded from an older ni-cad combo kit and so far these tools feel amazingly better. So now I have 3 big li-ion batteries, 2 smaller li-ion batteries, 3 ni-cad batteries, oh i'll never have a power shortage at work.

Comment

My buddy recently picked up one of these kits and i have to say i was super impressed with the quality, I am a dewalt guy myself but between the radio and the battery anyone looking for a kit should look at this one
                            Junior Cohen
                            Tool King
                            www.toolking.com
                            www.tooliday.com

Comment

I love the radio. I also have the big one, and at work having to move it every time I started working on something else was a pain, had to make a special trip just for the radio, it's just too big. So this little radio is perfect, easy to carry with the rest of the tools and loud enough so everyone can hear it, but won't get turned up so loud that you can't hear yourself think anymore. Very, very impressed with it.

The circular saw is probably the MVT out of the kit so far, I bought this kit because I needed an 18v impact, my older Ridgid ni-cad kit didn't have one, but the circular saw just blows away any other cordless circular saw i've tried, and i've tried DeWalt, Makita, Porter Cable and Milwaukee. Even the hardcore Makita guys at work agree it's better than their's.

Comment

Working...
                              X