X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid 3000psi pressure washer

I have a pressure washer, that works fine with high pressure, but when we put on the washer/detergent nozzel it works fine until you release the trigger. At that point the water pressure is directed through the detergent feed nipple and it blows off the dial. Initially it blew off the hose, I put clamps on the hose and now it blows off the detergent selector dial. The schematics do not show the nipple, hose and one way valve system. I disassembled the nipple and found a little steel ball that is intended to act as one way valve. I am not clear why this works fine with the high pressure nozzel but not with the low pressure nozzel. Is there possibly a spring missing? Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Rigid 3000psi pressure washer

It sounds like the chemical injector is sticking, or the valve spring is missing/broken. Part Number: 310735001 Chemical Injector

It is possibly corroded from leaving chemical/soap in the tank. In the future, use only as much chemical as you need for the job, and then flush the lines out with clean water. I keep the on board chemical tank filled with water for flushing and only draw chemicals from a jug with the other line.

If you call Ridgid and just tell them about the problem, the operator may just use the canned response, "take it to a service center".

Just tell them your chemical injector is bad/broken and explain how you know it is bad. Maybe they will send you one under warranty.

If/when you replace the chemical injector, make sure you clean all threads very well, and use a good high pressure thread sealant. HD carries Rectorseal #5 (light yellow) in the pipe aisle. Be sure not to over tighten.

Good luck, and be sure to let us know how it turns out.
    Ern
    Last edited by erngum; 05-27-2010, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by erngum View Post
      ... Part Number: 310735001 Chemical Injector
      I don't see anything in his post detailing which 3000 he has. The RD80746 and the RD80701 have different pumps and the parts are not interchangeable. The 310735001 fits the CAT pump only.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
        I don't see anything in his post detailing which 3000 he has. The RD80746 and the RD80701 have different pumps and the parts are not interchangeable. The 310735001 fits the CAT pump only.
        You are correct. I assumed he has the same one I do.

Comment

Thank you guys - yes it is a CAT pump. I will try getting the part you'all identified. I have taken it apart and there was no spring, just a little ball bearing to act as valve.

Comment

Working...
          X