X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I buy

Hey guys, I'm new here. Why can't I buy an 18/24 volt Ridgid reciprocating saw without buying a kit that includes tools I do not need. Thanks in advance for your help.
    RECYKALER
    Last edited by RECYKALER; 05-26-2010, 09:17 PM.

Re: Why can't I buy

Welcome to the forum. Try Ebay for what you are looking for. I believe it is only available as a package from retail

Comment

Does this help?

http://www.amazon.com/Lithium-Ion-Co...2&sr=8-1-fkmr0

J.C.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Funny how they give a "list price" for an item unavailable by itself. EBAY has several also.

THANK YOU

Comment

Recykaler- go to home depot's site and search for R884. Bare tool only, no batteries or charger- $77.00. This is a max select model for 24v Li or 18v Li / Ni-cd. If you already have batts and charger, you are golden.
          Hope this helps.

Edit: Recently bought this exact model myself and I love it. I'm using 18v nicads if you are curious.
          Last edited by Paul5409; 05-26-2010, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks Paul. I went to their site. Do you know If I can get this from a retail store?

Comment

Originally posted by RECYKALER View Post
              Thanks Paul. I went to their site. Do you know If I can get this from a retail store?
              You should be able to load your Zip Code on their site. Then it will show the store nearest you.

Then search for the saw again. Over to the right it will say it's in your local store or online only.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

Look in the area at the top for "Your Local Store" or where it says register.

It should take you to a page where you just put in your Zip Code and hit enter. Don't worry about filling out the other stuff.

Then it will give you a list of stores within 50 miles (standard). Click the one closest to you and that will be you local store.

Then search for whatever you want and it will show over to the right whether it is in stock or only available online.

Hope I make some sense.

J.C.

Comment

The site states that it is only a online item but you never know. In my experience, I would call the stores in your area one by one and ask to speak to the tool dept. manager and inquire if they have it in stock. I have made retail purchases before for items that were "online only." I did have to order mine as none of the locals had it (ohio).

BTW: Don't forget to register for the LSA

Comment

Yes, register for the LLSA... but be aware, that you can only do this IF you purchase from Home Depot!

Tools purchased thru EBay, Amazon, or other sources outside of Ridgid's "exclusive" retail agreement with Home Depot and therefore do not qualify for Ridgid's LLSA.

CWS

Comment

I went to my local H.D. today. Talked to the contractors tool manager. He called Ridgid, while I was waiting. Whoever he talked to told him to tell me it was not available as a single unit. When I insisted it was, he asked again and was told the units sold individually are recons. It is available online from H.D. as some of you pointed out. Guess there are morons in every organization. Perhaps I'm being too harsh, lets call them "uninformed"

Anyway, guess I will be ordering online. I'm assuming I can get the warenty this way also. Thanks to each and everyone of you for your help!

RECYKALER in Maine

Comment

Anyway, guess I will be ordering online. I'm assuming I can get the warenty this way also
                        Generally reconditioned tools have a unique warranty that may not be LSA..so check it out

Comment

I didn"t notice any info on HD's site stating that the R884 for $77 is a refurb. You should be in the clear. Order, register, be happy. Also, a search of the reconditioned Ridgid power tools on HD's site did not display the R884. However, there was a refurb cordless impact for $89 that I didn't need to see.

Comment

The online r884 does not include the warrenty you get at H.D. Its a 3 year limited.

Comment

The online r884 does not include the warrenty you get at H.D. Its a 3 year limited.
                              Home Depot is not involved with the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. This "warranty" is between the manufacturer (Ridgid) and end user. You must register to receive this benefit- it is not automatic at time of purchase. You will find paperwork in the box that details the process.

Comment

Working...
                              X