X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V Lithium Ion Batteries?

bought the x3 combo pack in january and have went through 2 batteries...both while drilling through floor with 4inch hole and then 5/8 bit the batteries started pouring out smoke and smelt like they were melting...anyone else have this issue? and by the way first one replaced with no questions second one is sent off for testing

Re: 18V Lithium Ion Batteries?

Originally posted by jchurch83 View Post
    bought the x3 combo pack in january and have went through 2 batteries...both while drilling through floor with 4inch hole and then 5/8 bit the batteries started pouring out smoke and smelt like they were melting...anyone else have this issue? and by the way first one replaced with no questions second one is sent off for testing
    IMO I would use a corded drill preferably (SuperHawg/Makita DA4031) for that kind of drilling. One positive thing about the Ridgid is you got 3yr plus the LSA warranty on the battery/tool if you choose to use your tools as hard as you do.

Comment

Re: 18V Lithium Ion Batteries?

Originally posted by jchurch83 View Post
      Cutting through a floor with a 4" hole saw is a load for an 18V drill, however I don't understand why the overload mechanism in the batt didn't shut it down before it was damaged. I have had batts overheat and shut down with no damage on the 24V drill when using a 4" hole saw. I was drilling through a hardwood floor and 3/4" ply at the time. Let us know what kind of feedback you get when the battery test comes back......Ray

Comment

Working...
      X