X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3000 psi power washer RD80746/RD80947

Recheck the unloader body (item 15 on the diagram). There's a small hole that often gets plugged by a small piece of the oring when the oring comes apart. Hard to see at first and often overlooked. Also recheck item 37, the outlet valve oring... it may look ok, but it may be swollen by chemical exposure and causing it to bind.

The brown backup ring is made with a split in it.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
      Recheck the unloader body (item 15 on the diagram). There's a small hole that often gets plugged by a small piece of the oring when the oring comes apart. Hard to see at first and often overlooked. Also recheck item 37, the outlet valve oring... it may look ok, but it may be swollen by chemical exposure and causing it to bind.

The brown backup ring is made with a split in it.
      OK so unloader body hole is not plugged. O-ring #37 does appear swollen (i.e the outer diameter of the o-ring is wider than the part #38 it is attached to. However I can't figure out what size to replace with. Diagram says "Ø4x2.5" but using the chart found at the following page O-Ring Sizing Chart I can't find that size. Suggestions? I did find some webpages where I can buy them online. I've got a kit of o-rings but all of them at that diameter are 1/16" thick which I think is too small.

Also, I just want to confirm that part #25 (black gasket) is assembled with the grooved side facing towards the pump head (#2) and not the pump housing (#30)?

Wish I'd waited until HD came out with the Ridgid power washers with the Cat pumps instead of jumping on this one...

Thanks!

Chris

Comment

It works! o-ring #37 in the high pressure outlet was the culprit! It was swollen so I replaced it and she fired right up!

Thanks a lot again for your help Doctordeere!

Comment

You're welcome. Glad to be of service.
          Now go get yourself a can of Pump Saver (Generac part number 6039 if I remember right) to help prevent a repeat performance.

Comment

Hello

First time user here! great information
            I recently was given a RD 80726 with AR axial cam pump. I need to order a new pump , can anyone know if I can use a CAT pump or just repalce it with the same type? And where to get the pump from?
            Thanks<
            DL

Comment

You can put a Cat on it, but by the time you buy the pump and the mounting adapter you could have damn near bought a new pressure washer. Ridgid/TTI discontinued the use of the AR pump around three years ago. The replacement pump is a Himore, part number 309515003. Amazon has them about the cheapest around...

Amazon.com: 309515003 3000 psi PRESSURE WASHER HORIZONTAL PUMP: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Comment

Thanks the information..Is the Himore a direct replacement for the AR , or will I need to order any other parts?

Comment

Bolts right on. You'll need to use the quick coupler and the thermal relief valve from the old pump, but otherwise it's a straight forward fifteen minute job (unless the pump shaft is rusted onto the engine crankshaft).

Comment

Hello Doctordeere,

Would you be able to tell me where I can go and buy #37 from. I have the same problem as Rigidguy and found the o-ring has expanded and was wondering if I can buy the o-ring as a standalone part.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

You can buy an o-ring kit, part# 200346GS. Has all the o-rings the pump requires.
                      Any Briggs & Stratton power equipment dealer should be able to order it for you. Typically runs under $20.

If you want just that one o-ring, the AR part number is 1460430. They're under a dollar, but not particularly easy to find by itself.
                      Last edited by Doctordeere; 05-20-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I'll look around and see what I can find. The other part I am looking for is the 3 way valve dial, apparently Ridgid is out of stock for that item and the pressure washer gulps in air from the exposed opening. I have the part number on that and will look around for that as well. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoy View Post
                          ... and the pressure washer gulps in air from the exposed opening.
                          No.
                          The chemical injector will not "gulp in air". Not unless something else is wrong.
                          That 3-way setup is a POS to begin with - you're better off without it anyway. Just connect a siphon hose directly to the injector nipple if you need to use the injector.

Comment

I posted a reply a couple days ago with link to a video I shot of the injector nipple sucking in air. Not sure why moderators have not approved it yet.

Comment

Hi Doctordeere,
                              The video is posted on youtube and is titled 'Ridgid injector nipple'. Would you be able to take a look at it and let me know whether you think the suction there is normal. Not sure why the moderators haven't approved my previous two attempts at posting a direct link to the video.
                              Thank you so much.

Comment

Yep. that's pretty normal - because you have low-pressure water flow (you have the water source on, the gun triggered and the engine isn't running). Once the engine's running and pressure rises, it should stop that.

Comment

Working...
                                X