X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Orbital Sander R2600 vs R2610 differences

I was wondering what the differences are between the older R2600 and newer R2601 models.

Is it just a "facelift" or did they actually improve the tool?
    Last edited by mikeweb; 06-07-2010, 11:55 PM.

Re: Ridgid Orbital Sander R2600 vs R2610 differences

Originally posted by mikeweb View Post
    I was wondering what the differences are between the older R2600 and newer R2601 models.

Is it just a "facelift" or did they actually improve the tool?
    the newer one is supposed to have better dust collection

Comment

Re: Ridgid Orbital Sander R2600 vs R2610 differences

I'm not sure what you get with the 2601. The dust bag appears to be redesigned and if I am correct in my memory, the container is a simple slip on and turn to lock in position, whereas the 2600 was a screw on. Hopefully the filter fabric is better at filtering, as that is the only drawback to the 2600... the bag is too pourus and fine dust easily filters through it... to the point where I prefer to use a vacuum hose.

I notice the switch on the 2601 has been redesigned slightly, so it isn't so prone to being turned off accidently. On the original model I've learned to be careful how I hold it, to avoid accidental shutoff.

The overmold is also redesigned, but I think that is a minor change.

But what else comes with or is part of the 2601 I don't have a clue.

I do have the 2600 and have used it for several years now, having purchased it soon after it's introduction.

The 2600 came with a nice case (2601 has a zippered bag), which had a folding handle and metal clip-type latches and interior room enough for the sander, inclued accessories, and a contractor-size box of sanding discs.

Included was the sander with a velcro-like subbase which was screw mounted and a replacement PSA-type pad.

After three years of heavy use, I had to replace the velcro-like pad; but, that is the only thing I have had to do with it.

CWS

Comment

Working...
      X