X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rd80701 oil and dipstick location

What is the cap/dipstick for on the left side of the engine as you look at it?

The owners manual only shows one oil cap/dipstick on the right side of the engine.

However the engine itself has two caps/dipsticks on it. One on the right side of the engine and one on the left as you look at it.

I just bought this pressure washer and do not want to miss any important maintenance steps.

Re: rd80701 oil and dipstick location

Originally posted by mjkosan63 View Post
    What is the cap/dipstick for on the left side of the engine as you look at it?

The owners manual only shows one oil cap/dipstick on the right side of the engine.

However the engine itself has two caps/dipsticks on it. One on the right side of the engine and one on the left as you look at it.

I just bought this pressure washer and do not want to miss any important maintenance steps.
    i believe you can use either one, if you look they go to same place. Its a convenience thing if one side is hard to get to

Comment

Re: rd80701 oil and dipstick location

The engine is a general purpose engine. It wasn't designed exclusively for these pressure washers. Some applications may find one side of the engine blocked by something rendering access to one or the other oil fill inaccessible. Just about all horizontal shaft GP engines are that way. Just use whichever one is most convenient.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
      X