X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobmax multi-tool head?

Does anyone know if the the multi-tool head purchased separately comes with the cutting blades, sanding discs, and other attachments that come in the kits?

Re: Jobmax multi-tool head?

Originally posted by nuge View Post
    Does anyone know if the the multi-tool head purchased separately comes with the cutting blades, sanding discs, and other attachments that come in the kits?
    Universal Adaptor - compatible with Dremel, Bosch and Fein mutli-tool accessories
    0-20,000 Oscillations per minute
    Kit includes two cutting blades, sander attachment and sander pads

Comment

I read that also, but I wanted to make sure because I guess I wouldn't think of the head purchased all by itself as a "kit." I thought the language might be referring to the combo kit (drill, power base, oscillating head).

I'm sure you can buy the blades, discs, etc. separately but I wanted to know if they're included in that price or if I need to factor in extra $ to buy those.

Thanks!

Comment

The multi-tool head purchased by itself as an add-on to a "kit" (such as the "Close Quarters System" kit) does in fact come with 3 attachments. The attachments consist of a triangular sandpaper attachment (with a "hook" face for attaching the "loop" sandpaper pieces), a half-moon offset saw blade, and a 1-1/8" universal cutter blade. There are also a few sandpaper pieces in the set. I recently purchased this add-on to go with the Close Quarters System. Any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Comment

Originally posted by lannyp View Post
          The multi-tool head purchased by itself as an add-on to a "kit" (such as the "Close Quarters System" kit) does in fact come with 3 attachments. The attachments consist of a triangular sandpaper attachment (with a "hook" face for attaching the "loop" sandpaper pieces), a half-moon offset saw blade, and a 1-1/8" universal cutter blade. There are also a few sandpaper pieces in the set. I recently purchased this add-on to go with the Close Quarters System. Any other questions, please feel free to contact me.
          did you get your close quarters kit online or at store? col oh did not get R82234 combo in local stores

Comment

Thanks, lannyp.
            I just did the same thing--got the close quarters kit online and added the multi-tool head. Seemed like a better deal than the other combo kit.

Do you know if the half-moon blade will cut into ceramic tile?

I don't know if people know this is available or not, but a store local to me is just now carrying a multi-tool "starter kit" with the power base, multi-tool head, battery, and charger for $99. This is the same price as the Dremel multi-max, but a much better tool in my opinion.

Comment

Saw the same kit here in Canada the other day for $99. Seems like a great price. May have to pick one up just for the hell of it.

Comment

Nuge,

Regarding the half-moon blade: I don't think the blade will do well on tile. It may cut it, but it appears to be made for wood and such material. It would probably dull quite readily when used on tile.

You would probably need either a carbide or diamond grit blade for tile work. Amazon has a blade collection kit including a carbide tipped blade for $94 (13 pieces in the kit, working out to a little over $7 per blade which is a very good price if the blades work well at all)(Kit ASIN: B002SHJA8Q). Harbor Freight also has blades that are fairly inexpensive, but the hole pattern (round) on them may need to be modified to fit the head on the Ridgid (elongated round).

Comment

Working...
                X