Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement pump

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Replacement pump

    I have searched a few threads but I have not found the correct answer that I need. I have a Ridgid RD80746 pressure washer and the pump has stopped working. It has worked very well for a few years and I never had any trouble until now. I found a direct replacement pump from www.mastertool.com for $116.00 and some on ebay. I am not sure if I should go back with the OEM or should I change to a Cat, AR or other comparable pump. Another problem is that I am not sure which aftermarket brand pump will be a direct bolt on.

    Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

  • #2
    Re: Replacement pump

    Can you describe how it's "not working"? Could be a stuck unloader, which could cause it to "stick" on a low pressure setting.

    Yes a higher quality pump could be used as a replacement. Things to look for are engine shaft size, bolt flange size for proper alignment, vertical/horizontal operation, etc. Also MAX horsepower/torque rating is important when matching engines/pumps. Later!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Replacement pump

      Originally posted by shadow745 View Post
      Can you describe how it's "not working"? Could be a stuck unloader, which could cause it to "stick" on a low pressure setting.

      Yes a higher quality pump could be used as a replacement. Things to look for are engine shaft size, bolt flange size for proper alignment, vertical/horizontal operation, etc. Also MAX horsepower/torque rating is important when matching engines/pumps. Later!
      It has no flow from the hose at all and water is pouring out of the pump, I will have to check it again and see exactly where the leak is.
      Thanks for the reply.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Replacement pump

        The AR pump (309515001) is no longer available from TTI. It was replaced by a Himore pump which is a more reliable pump. The new part number is 309515003 with a suggested list of $78.86 (currently).

        EDIT: Your unit has a 3 year warranty. Unless the pump has been damaged by corrosive chemicals or overheating, you may get the repair for free.
        Last edited by Doctordeere; 06-13-2010, 11:16 AM. Reason: warranty information
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Replacement pump

          Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
          The AR pump (309515001) is no longer available from TTI. It was replaced by a Himore pump which is a more reliable pump. The new part number is 309515003 with a suggested list of $78.86 (currently).

          EDIT: Your unit has a 3 year warranty. Unless the pump has been damaged by corrosive chemicals or overheating, you may get the repair for free.
          I do not believe it is still under warranty, I will have to check. Also what is "TTI", I looked for a website but I cannot locate one.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Replacement pump

            Originally posted by silversound View Post
            Also what is "TTI", I looked for a website but I cannot locate one.
            TTI is Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd., a Hong Kong based corporation.

            TTI is the owners of the Milwaukee, Ryobi, AEG, Stiletto, Homelite, Hoover, DirtDevil and VAX brands. They also build generators, pressure washers and electric tools marketed under the Ridgid name.

            TTI does not sell parts direct to the end consumer. Contact Homelite authorized service centers (it's a Homelite part number) for quotes for the part number 309515003. Like I said, the current suggested list price for the pump is $78.86 but most ASCs will charge more. That's why it's good to call around for quotes first.
            "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Replacement pump

              Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
              TTI is Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd., a Hong Kong based corporation.

              TTI is the owners of the Milwaukee, Ryobi, AEG, Stiletto, Homelite, Hoover, DirtDevil and VAX brands. They also build generators, pressure washers and electric tools marketed under the Ridgid name.

              TTI does not sell parts direct to the end consumer. Contact Homelite authorized service centers (it's a Homelite part number) for quotes for the part number 309515003. Like I said, the current suggested list price for the pump is $78.86 but most ASCs will charge more. That's why it's good to call around for quotes first.
              thanks for the help, I will make some calls tomorrow morning.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Replacement pump

                As many of you may know most brand names have lower quality pumps to go along with the homeowner type machines. AR makes outstanding pumps (triplex and axial cam), just so happens that your Ridgid PW has one of the lower cost AR pumps. You can get a much higher quality axial cam pump from AR or Comet as a replacement. I find it hard to believe that a Chinese made $80 pump would hold up well. Later!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Replacement pump

                  I got my hands on one of these replacement pumps (309515003). After adding on the outlet fitting from my old pump (which I was told was the only additional part required), I hooked up the water hose to the water inlet. Without starting the engine, water flows freely from an inside-threaded fitting directly opposite the water inlet fitting on the pump. Is there supposed to be something connected to that fitting?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Replacement pump

                    Yes. There's a thermal release valve supposed to go there. It's the approx. 1.25 inch long silver valve (look at the old pump). If the new pump didn't come with one, just remove it from the old pump and install it (with a little teflon tape).
                    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Replacement pump

                      I also have the RD80746 with axial cam pump. The pressure output isn't as strong (3000 psi) as it should be. The pump doesn't leak or have any problems other than low pressure. Sometimes it seems to have more kickback on the wand than other times. I seen where the unloader valve was mentioned to cause low pressure. If I take mine apart what do I need to look for as a problem and also once I put it back together how do I adjust it out to know it's set right? I would like to try this before spending $100 if it's not necessary.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Replacement pump

                        Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                        Yes. There's a thermal release valve supposed to go there. It's the approx. 1.25 inch long silver valve (look at the old pump). If the new pump didn't come with one, just remove it from the old pump and install it (with a little teflon tape).
                        Thanks very much. I called the ASC who sold me the replacement pump and asked them the same question. They responded with "I don't know, you'll have to bring it in for us to take a look at". They're clear on the other side of the city and even after I offered to email them a picture of where something seemed to be missing, they said they usually have people bring their equipment in for repair rather than the customer doing it themselves. After that I called Ridgid and the customer service rep knew exactly what part was missing, and told me that the ASCs are supposed to also order the thermal relief valve when they order a new pump.

                        I don't think I'll be taking any equipment into this ASC for repair anytime soon...

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X