X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new pump installation

I just received my replacement pump for my PW and it did not come with any paperwork. I purchased it from the ridgid parts website and its a Himore pump.

Is there anything special I need to do for the installation? Do I add oil?

Re: new pump installation

if the pump was shipped with out oil YES ADD OIL there should be some plug or indicator on the oil level, (check the original manual on how to check the oil and the type of oil to use in the pump)
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      if the pump was shipped with out oil YES ADD OIL there should be some plug or indicator on the oil level, (check the original manual on how to check the oil and the type of oil to use in the pump)
      thanks for the reply,

the original was maintenance free as indicated be the manual. I have the new pump installed and it works fine. There was no paperwork of any kind in the shipping box and no sticker on the pump indicating to add oil. I hope it is ok....

the old pump was a AR brand pump and the new one is Himore

Comment

The 309515003 comes with oil in it.
        BE SURE TO REMOVE THE SHIPPING PLUG (usually yellow or black) from the red oil fill. If you don't, the pump seal will be damaged from excessive internal pressure buildup. Also, it's a really good idea to coat the engine crankshaft with an anti-seize compound before assembly.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
          The 309515003 comes with oil in it.
          BE SURE TO REMOVE THE SHIPPING PLUG (usually yellow or black) from the red oil fill. If you don't, the pump seal will be damaged from excessive internal pressure buildup. Also, it's a really good idea to coat the engine crankshaft with an anti-seize compound before assembly.
          ok, thanks
          They do have a small yellow plug on top I was gonna leave it. thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X