R31211 Jigsaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R31211 Jigsaw

I went to Home Depot to pick one of these up and it says display only. Long story short I called three stores and none of them will be getting any more of these jigsaws. Then I called Ridgid and they told me it is NOT discontinued. Does this mean they will be releasing a new model jigsaw soon? I hope they aren't going to stop making them all together. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: R31211 Jigsaw

I don't know why your local HD's aren't carrying it but you can buy it at their website.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Have you asked the service desk to look it up for you? I'm getting the impression that if a particular tool doesn't sell, it gets "cleared" and may not be carried by that particular store again. That may be the case with the Ridgid jig saw... maybe it is just a very low demand item in that area.

I only have two Home Depots that I regularly visit, one in Binghamton, NY and the other in the Corning, NY areas. I find it a bit strange that there is so much variation in the stores.

While probably 99% of the product is the same, it seems that it's the particular item that I want is the one that the store closest to me at the moment, simply doesn't carry or has been out of for some time. I also see some price variations too.

For example, my Corning-area store has a very good supply of Spax screws... the Binghamton store doesn't carry them at all. Some electrical supplies are in Binghamton are priced higher than in Corning. Corning has more router supplies than Binghamton and while I can buy any of the three popular sizes of biscuits in Corning, Binghamton only carries one.

But Binghamton gets new products, often as much as a year in advance of Corning and sometimes Corning doesn't carry a particular tool at all.

Wood in Binghamton is actually fairly decent, but in Corning it's barely fit for making shipping pallets.

Whole operation needs to be cleaned up in my opinion!

CWS

Comment

Thought you might be interested in this deal.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
        X