Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model R86006 18V Drill

Hello
    Has this drill been replaced or discontinued? I can't find it on the Ridgid site.
    I just had to have my chuck replaced on mine and it took forever to get it done. Ron

Re: Model R86006 18V Drill

Ron,
    The R86006 is on the Ridgid website under product archives. Most likely it was replaced by the R86007 which is currently at Home Depot.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R86006-C...l/EN/index.htm

Comment

Thank you very much. Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
        Hello
        Has this drill been replaced or discontinued? I can't find it on the Ridgid site.
        I just had to have my chuck replaced on mine and it took forever to get it done. Ron
        I suggest looking around for another Ridgid service center. According to previous posts on this forum, some service centers don't carry any inventory. Drill chucks are a fairly common problem item and a good service center should carry some in inventory.....Ray

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
          I suggest looking around for another Ridgid service center. According to previous posts on this forum, some service centers don't carry any inventory. Drill chucks are a fairly common problem item and a good service center should carry some in inventory.....Ray
          Ray
          I agree! Unfortuately the next closet is 3 hours away in Chatanooga.

The one I went to was 40 minutes away. He would not have it done then, but I called 3 times within 2 weeks to find the status. His main business is lawn equpipmet sales and service. I can understand him being busy, but at least they can let a customer know what is going on!

Comment

Hello
            I got my drill back but have a question on the chuck. I am pretty sure the chuck on it when I purchased it was a Jacobs 500 series single sleeve. When I picked it up and got home I was looking at the replacement chuck is a 700 series single sleeve chuck. Which chuck is the right one for my drill? Thanks, Ron

Comment

Hello
              I got my drill back but have a question on the chuck. I am pretty sure the chuck on it when I purchased it was a Jacobs 500 series single sleeve. When I picked it up and got home I was looking at the replacement chuck is a 700 series single sleeve chuck. Which chuck is the right one for my drill? Thanks, Ron
              There are more knowledgable members on here who will probably comment. I believe the 700 series chuck is a superior model. It is the chuck that we have on all our Ridgid 24 volt hammer drills. Check here http://www.jacobschuck.com/products.asp
              A note of caution for all ratcheting type chucks. You should not power them closed tight. We continued to do this on the first Dewalt ratcheting drills we purchased despite warnings in the user manual. This procedure ruined the chucks and I believe many of the people who are reporting problems with Ridgid chucks are making the same mistake. Our instructions to all crews is to gun the chuck until it just begins to tighten and then finish tightening by hand, usually about half a turn........Ray

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.
                Can someone check their drill to see what it has on it? Thanks, Ron

Comment

Can someone check their drill chuck and tell me what it has on it, Jacobs 500 or Jacobs 700 series chuck. Thank you.

Comment

Can someone check their drill chuck and tell me what it has on it, Jacobs 500 or Jacobs 700 series chuck. Thank you.
                    All of our model R86006 drills have Jacob 500 chucks.....Ray

Comment

Should I be concerned that mine got a series 700 put on it at the service center instead of the 500 series? It seems to function ok. I went to the Jacobs site and the only difference I see is the teeth inside the locking jaws. The teeth in the 700 series seem better.
                      Maybe I am concerned over nothing, maybe I got an upgrade and just didn't knowt it! Thanks, Ron

Comment

Should I be concerned that mine got a series 700 put on it at the service center instead of the 500 series
                        I have the 700 series chuck on my Ridgid hammerdrill and its probably a step up from the 500 series based on how they market these drills so if your drill is performing well, keep it. The 700 series chuck has a metal outer grip and is the same overall size as the 500 series. The 500 series on my Makita has trouble gripping small bits reliably.

Comment

I guess I got an upgrade!

Comment

Yes Ronald, you got an upgrade.

I have the 500 series chuck (plastic outer sleeve, normal teeth/jaws) on both of my R86006 drills. I have the 700 series chuck (metal outer sleeve, carbide teeth/jaws) on my Ridgid 24 volt hammerdrill. The 700 series chuck is built much more tougher to take the additional wear and tear and pounding from hammerdrill usage. On your R86006, it should more than outlast the rest of the drill.

(Note - I'm baaaaack again, bizoutches. Missed y'all - just been too busy the last few months to be on here too much. But, like a bad case of "the clap", I'm back to put a smile on everyone's face! )

Comment

Working...
                            X