Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you turn down the pressure on the 3300 psi carbureted model?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you turn down the pressure on the 3300 psi carbureted model?

I'm about to use it for cleaning some mildew stains off some composite wood siding. The 40 degree nozzle from a distance may be ok but if I need to turn the pressure down can someone tell me how? Thanks in advance.

Just some thoughts on it. I just searched every home depot in about a 50 mile radius and found 2 of these older 80763 models. Both were reconditioned but one was well used and the other looked like the home depot free rental type. The only way you can even tell it was used are a couple scratches on the 15 and 25 degree nozzles. I've used many different types of pressure washers and just used my friends belt drive simpson to clean my driveway before I bought this. For $490 you just can't beat this. I agree with alot of people that think the Honda GX series engines are the best but this Subaru is very well made also. It has always started on the first pull, runs smooth, and is definitely more quiet than other pressure washers I've used. I've only used it for around 10 hours but I am very impressed. If anyone is in the market for one and doesn't want to spend $750 on the EFI model. Search until you find this one and you will not be disappointed. I've still got a couple weeks to return this but the only way its going back is if I find a new one cause they sell them new for only 10 bucks more.

Re: Can you turn down the pressure on the 3300 psi carbureted model?

The 80763 is, IMHO, the best of the Ridgids (all things considered).

Yes, the unloader is adjustable. It's not particularly wise to tinker with it unless you have a gauge and gauge adapter at your disposal, but it is adjustable.

You'll see a brass piece that looks like a tall nut with a jam nut under it. That's the unloader. Loosen the jam nut and back off the unloader to lower the pressure. If you don't have a gauge with gauge adapter and the know-how to use them, be sure to count how many turns you back out the unloader... and be sure to crank it back in no more than you crank it out when you want to go back to full pressure. Cranking it in more to get higher pressure (over the rated 3300 PSI) can cause pump failure and will void your warranty.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Thanks man I see what your talking about. Might go to Northern supply to pick up a gauge cause I think they have them there. But if I don't buy the gauge I might be able to mark a side of the bolt with a sharpie so after I back it down I can return it to the same place. I'll post some results if anyone is interested.

Comment

Cool beans.
        Posting results (positive OR negative) is always a good thing.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by kdean View Post
          Thanks man I see what your talking about. Might go to Northern supply to pick up a gauge cause I think they have them there. But if I don't buy the gauge I might be able to mark a side of the bolt with a sharpie so after I back it down I can return it to the same place. I'll post some results if anyone is interested.
          Thats the way to do it. Oddly enough, I read the CAT pump manual for the pump on my pressure washer (not a Ridgid, but same concept) and they noted the pump comes un-calibrated from the factory and they give you the procedure to calibrate it....exactly what has been said here, add a guage inline, loosen the jamb nut and tighten/loosen the unloader screw until you get the recommended psi.

Comment

Yeah one thing I really like about this model is that cat used one of their normal model pumps on it. Not some special made model just for ridgid that you can't pull up any information on. After DOCTERDEERE explained it to me I pulled up the datasheet and read that it isn't calibrated also. So I'm gonna have to put a gauge on it. I have a feeling cat was conservative on the initial setting cause they would have known it was going to be put with a bigger engine than the pump can handle. So maybe its pushing 2600 psi now or on the other hand it could already be over the max 2850 psi of the cat pump. Thus already starting to shorten the life of the pump. I'll definitely post the findings. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Working...
            X