X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt vs. Paslode

I'm thinking about buying a cordless finish nailer for those little jobs where it is too much of a hassle to drag out a compressor, air hose and pneumatic nailer. All my cordless tools are DeWalt, so if I decide to go with a battery operated nailer that would probably be my choice, Any thoughts on the Paslode, good or bad? Thanks in advance.

Re: DeWalt vs. Paslode

Cant believe you could even mention the name DeWalt let alone suggest it compares in any respect with Paslode. There are no one brand of tools that are good at everything, not even HILTI. So do your self a favour, buy teh PASLODE and get on with life. Good Luck son.........!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I understand what your saying cleanmen2 thats just a weird way to say it. When it comes to cordless nailers, paslode is the best plain and simple. I have owned every kind they make. Never had a problem with any of them. They are kind of expensive but worth it. You can find em in pawn shops for super cheap right now. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a well used one either.

Comment

I have used both. I own the Paslode if that tells you anything. I have the angled finish nailer and have used it on and off for the last 6 years with no trouble. The only thing is to keep it clean and lubed and you will be happy.

Comment

Well I own a 16 ga and 18ga DeWalt cordless nail guns and love them both.Was on a job a few months ago and the guys doing the trim had passloads.I let them try out my DeWalt nail guns and guess what...thats all they wanted to use.Every time I've ever tried the gas kind either the battery was dead or it needed gas.I'll stick with my Cordless DeWalt

Comment

know several people who dumped their compressor and use the 2 dewalt 18 volt guns exclusively, i was pretty suprised but they swear by them.

Comment

I don't have a cordless nailer and I'm curious why those of you that voted for Paslode feel so strongly about them versus the Dewalt. What are the major differences in your opinion? Is it dependability, less maintenance, or something else? Does the fuel evaporate if not entirely used in a given time frame? Can the fuel cells be refilled or do you have to purchase new? I don't know that I'll ever buy a cordless but the info would be good to have if I ever encounter so many projects that I get tired of a hammer.

Comment

You should probably get the dewalt if you won't be using it that much. If the dewalt holds up over time more power to you. When your talking $300+ for a tool I want it to last. I bought 3 paslodes in october of 2005. They were lightly used when I bought em. You keep them lubed they will keep shooting. If you actually use them alot your not gonna go to a job without extra fuel cells just like your not gonna leave your compressor at home. I bought them as a set mainly for the framing gun. An attic during the GA summer is something you want to spend as little time in as possible, not be screwin around with hoses. It sounds like your not gonna be using it that much so the dewalt should be fine. I've held it but thats it. The dewalt gets great reviews but I can only speak about how reliable my paslodes have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul5409 View Post
                  I don't have a cordless nailer and I'm curious why those of you that voted for Paslode feel so strongly about them versus the Dewalt. What are the major differences in your opinion? Is it dependability, less maintenance, or something else? Does the fuel evaporate if not entirely used in a given time frame? Can the fuel cells be refilled or do you have to purchase new? I don't know that I'll ever buy a cordless but the info would be good to have if I ever encounter so many projects that I get tired of a hammer.
                  I wouldnt buy a dewalt tool stricktly because all of my cordless tools are makita and I dont want anymore batterys kicking around. The fuel cells are not refillable in the paslode and do expire over time but I have used passed the experation date with no problems. The weight is a little less with the paslode also compared to the 18v dewalt. Agreed though if you alreadt have Dewalt tool and batterys stick with it. Best of luck!!!

Comment

I've used both. I own Paslode, my company provides Dewalts. The biggest advantage of the Paslode is the lighter weight and less bulk. That's why I like it better. If you already have Dewalt batteries and a charger, I'd say buy the Dewalt as a bare tool. You get used to extra weight.

Comment

Paslode and dewalt really arent in the same category it is like comparing a bmw to a F150. The truck is dependable and cost effective but if you have the money like a bmw go for the paslode, if i had an infinite budget my garage would be filled with hilti and paslode. Unfortunatly i dont so its filled with dependable milwaukee and dewalt tools
                      Junior Cohen
                      Tool King
                      www.toolking.com
                      www.tooliday.com

Comment

I have been thinking of buying a framing nailer, and on the fence as to a pneumatic or the Paslode.

Do the above comments on reliability, lighter weight, dependability, etc also pertain to the framing nailer? Also, is it a clip head of full? I don't remember when I looked at them last a couple weeks ago.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                          I have been thinking of buying a framing nailer, and on the fence as to a pneumatic or the Paslode.

Do the above comments on reliability, lighter weight, dependability, etc also pertain to the framing nailer? Also, is it a clip head of full? I don't remember when I looked at them last a couple weeks ago.
                          The Paslode cordless nailer is a little picky sometimes when you're trying to get it to fire.... But you DO get used to it.

The nails it take are a 30deg paper tape nail, which traditionally is clipped head, but the Paslode brand nails have a full round head.

I prefer the paper tape nails myself. They're not as fragile as the plastic strip nails. Unfortunately, about everybody else around here uses 21deg, so sometimes it can be a pain having to have 2 types of nails.

Comment

If you have the budget for a cordless paslode framing nailer Bob, I would suggest it! There is nothing sweeter than taking a tool out of it's case and instantly shooting nails into wood. For convience sake it's a godsend, with a cordless circular saw and a paslode you could build a house in the middle of no where. The cordless nailer runs about $150-200 more than a pneumatic nailer, but keep in mind you also have to buy a compressor to run that nailer. There are two different Paslode framing nailers out now. The IMCT which has been around for years, is a stud, no if, ands or buts about it. It works hard and as long as it's properly maintained, will last just as long as any other tool. The newly designed CF325 nailer, uses a different fuel canister, but they come in the box of nails sold for that nailer, so everytime you pick up a box of nails, you get all the fuel you need to run through that box. I've never used the CF325, but I see no reason that it wouldn't work just as good as the IMCT.

Comment

Working...
                            X