X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer RD80701 Question

This came with a 0, 25 and 40 degree nozzle and I bought the turbo blaster nozzle. Now I know I don't want to use the trubo nozzle for this but is ANY nozzle safe for cleaning an aluminum fence that is factory painted black?

I do NOT want to blast off any paint but do want to get all the bird crap off. Any ideas/tips/thoughts? Thanks!

Re: Pressure Washer RD80701 Question

Start with the 40 tip at like 2 feet away from the surface. If its not cleaning it good enough for you try the 25 tip. The 0 tip and turbo nozzle would be used for stripping the paint off. Forgot to mention if its older fencing with older paint start off even further away.
    Last edited by kdean; 06-30-2010, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by luddy View Post
      ... is ANY nozzle safe for cleaning an aluminum fence that is factory painted black?

I do NOT want to blast off any paint but do want to get all the bird crap off. Any ideas/tips/thoughts? Thanks!
      It really depends on what the "paint" is and how it was applied. If it was powdercoated, it's on there pretty dang good. If it was anodized, a pressure washer won't hurt it (but harsh detergents will). If it's just regular old paint, you might want to use a soap bucket and a rag (or wash mitt) with your garden hose to rinse.

You might also try a set of nozzles with larger orifices, such as a set calibrated for a 4000 PSI or greater pressure washer. You'll get the same spray pattern but with greatly diminished pressure. You can also dial back the unloader to reduce the pressure output of the pump, but you'll need a gauge and adapter to set the pressure back up when you're through.

Hope some of that helps.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

The only info I can find about the paint is from their website:

Our exclusive Diamond Kote 10,000™ paint finish ensures years of maintenance free use as compared to wrought iron fence and other fencing materials. We use a five stage process that has proven to outperform other similar coatings such as powder coating.

Comment

Working...
        X