X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still waiting for a jigsaw

All the stores in my raea are no longer carrying model R31211 Jigsaw. I know I can buy it online at HomeDepot.com, but if Ridgid is in the process of making a new model, I would rather wait. Any idea how much longer?

Re: Still waiting for a jigsaw

Someone must know something. Do Ridgid reps/salesmen ever post on these forums?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnes1209 View Post
      Someone must know something. Do Ridgid reps/salesmen ever post on these forums?
      Very seldom do they post here. Historically Ridgid/TTI have not used this forum as a tool to announce new product. What makes you think they are coming out with a new jigsaw? Did you see something in writing saying that?

Most likely you don't see the Ridgid jigsaw on the shelves at your local HD's because they weren't selling. Local store managers, I believe, have the power to drop slow selling items from their inventories.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

When I was in a HD in Vermont buying a Ridgid table saw, a Ridgid Rep. was there and he told me they were redesigning their jigsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnes1209 View Post
          When I was in a HD in Vermont buying a Ridgid table saw, a Ridgid Rep. was there and he told me they were redesigning their jigsaw.
          They're gonna add SawStop® technology to it.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Do yourself a favor and buy the Bosch! It is the best of the best.
            I have the Model 1587 and it is the smoothest and easiest saw I have ever used.
            Ridgid can't even come close to it. Ron

Comment

I have the Bosch 1590EVS which is pretty much that same saw but different grip.

I think this comment by Popular Mechanics in April 2010 on the 1590 says it all:
              Likes: Everything. It’s rare in our tests that one tool commands the field as convincingly as the Bosch does in this one. It’s heavy, smooth and powerful, a veritable locomotive of jigsaws. The ultimate arbiter was the steel crosscut test. Only the Bosch sailed through, leaving a pile of smoking hot steel chips in its wake. It ejects spent blades like shotgun shells, and its adjustable shoe is designed for ease and accuracy.

Dislikes: Nothing noted.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...omparison-test
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              ---------
              ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                I have the Bosch 1590EVS which is pretty much that same saw but different grip
                I just saw a Bosch Jigsaw over at Amazon when I was looking at Tools and Home Improvement "Best Deals." It was $139.49 with free sheep!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishobaby View Post
                  I just saw a Bosch Jigsaw over at Amazon when I was looking at Tools and Home Improvement "Best Deals." It was $139.49 with free sheep!
                  How many "sheep" do you get?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                    How many "sheep" do you get?
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

BadgerDave, I was making fun of his post where he says amazon offers "free sheep". I know he meant ship though.
                      Thought it was was funny but guess not.

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                        BadgerDave, I was making fun of his post where he says amazon offers "free sheep". I know he meant ship though.
                        Thought it was was funny but guess not.
                        Oh, it was intentional. I thought everybody liked free sheep!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRE9qOgbug

Comment

Oh, it was intentional. I thought everybody liked free sheep!
                          Do you have to call them in the morning and tell them how wonderful they are?
                          ---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Working...
                          X