Jointer JP0610 Adustment coplaner? Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer JP0610 Adustment coplaner? Help

I am having trouble adjusting my Jointer (JP0610).
    I checked the tables using two framing squares and the framing squares met at the top and not at the bottom.

When I run a board through the jointer I get a convex curve. More material is taken off the leading edge and trailing edge than the middle of the board.

What adjustment is there that I am missing....?

Re: Jointer JP0610 Adustment coplaner? Help

Framing squares are not overly likely to be perfectly square.
    Coplanar is best checked with a straight edge with the infeed set to the same height as the outfeed table.
    There are gib screws for slight adjustments to make the tables coplanar.
    Are you sure your outfeed table is set at the exact same height as your blades? Sounds like it might be a tad low

Comment

I checked the Squares, but will do the straight edge tonight.
      Yes I adjusted the height several times. from slightly low to slightly high to check differences, then set it again even with the top of the blade, still having the problem.

Comment

Make sure you check all three knives.. The correct way is to adjust the knives to the outfeed table.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Also, most of the downward pressure on the stock should be applied on the outfeed side of the knives. On the infeed side of the knives, only enough pressure should be used to just move the stock along. I'm not saying you're doing this but never push the stock down directly over the knives.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I checked agin last night using two different straight edges.
            the tables are not coplanar.
            Adjusting the outfeed table anf the blade so the straight edge is perfectly flush to the table. I then moved up the infeed table, the infeed table hits the straight edge at one end before the other. there is a .025" gap under the straight edge at the blade. Now what...?

The issue is a outward curve not concave, most of the information I have read is related to taking more material off the center of the board and less at the ends, I have the opposite issue...

Comment

Did you try to adjust the gibb screws?

Comment

not exactly sure how or what they do, they only seem to loosen and tighten in place. I do not see how they adjust,.. My understanding is that they simply help to take up slack and really do not provide an adjustment... Maybe this is what I need to learn how to do
                Last edited by wooddust; 07-15-2010, 10:10 AM.

Comment

The gibs remove any play between the base and the table dovetail ways. If the gib screws are too loose the table ends can sag, too tight an the tables will not move

Comment

Thanks so there is no real adjustment in the gibs as my table is not sagging, but too high at the end and low at the blades.

Comment

Working...
                    X