X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tools From Ridgid Coming In The Fall

WOOD Magazine is again reporting that they got a sneak preview of some new tools coming out later this years. Wood was also the magazine that reported a few years back about a soon to be released new Ridgid bandsaw that never happened. I hope they're correct this time as Ridgid really needs to have a quality table saw in their line-up.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: New Tools From Ridgid Coming In The Fall

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
    WOOD Magazine is again reporting that they got a sneak preview of some new tools coming out later this years. Wood was also the magazine that reported a few years back about a soon to be released new Ridgid bandsaw that never happened. I hope they're correct this time as Ridgid really needs to have a quality table saw in their line-up.
    frankiearmz is gonna flip! Ryobi now has both the tools Ridgid refuses to make! The cordless grinder and the impact wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
      frankiearmz is gonna flip! Ryobi now has both the tools Ridgid refuses to make! The cordless grinder and the impact wrench.
      I already have the Ryobi grinder and it's nothing like the corded model but it works. I'll buy the Ryobi 1/2" impact wrench if it has sufficient torque and is reasonably priced. Too bad Ridgid didn't step up.

Comment

i see the tti rep, (ridgid, milwaukee, roybi) during the week when i go to h.d. there are some new toys coming from ridgid, but he couldn't elaborate yet.

roybi has the best led flashlight right now with their 4 volt tec line. there is a new one that is on display, but not stocked yet that i'm waiting for the call. the ones i use are 1 watt led that last 6 hours on a charge and are plenty bright with a great focus and good beam.

the new one is 6 rota table leds that last up to 16 hours and has a high low output plus pretty water tight. great for inside of cabinets.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

And now if you scroll down, Ryobi has their own little inspection camera.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            And now if you scroll down, Ryobi has their own little inspection camera.

J.C.

??????

Please explain ("now if you scroll down")... am I missing something?

Actually I could use an inexpensive inspection camera, as I'm trying to sort out a hidden broken wire somewhere within a wall or ceiling.

I went to Home Depot, hoping to come home with the Ridgid "micro Sea Snake" but they no longer carry it in either of the stores that I frequent. (I simply cannot comprehend what goes on with Home Depot and Ridgid tools... ridiculous partnership I think.)

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
              ??????

Please explain ("now if you scroll down")... am I missing something?

Actually I could use an inexpensive inspection camera, as I'm trying to sort out a hidden broken wire somewhere within a wall or ceiling.

I went to Home Depot, hoping to come home with the Ridgid "micro Sea Snake" but they no longer carry it in either of the stores that I frequent. (I simply cannot comprehend what goes on with Home Depot and Ridgid tools... ridiculous partnership I think.)

Thanks,

CWS
              The original Wood Magazine link in the first post. At the bottom of that page is a Ryobi Tek4 inspection camera. No idea of price though.

J.C.

Comment

$139.00 from what i remember, but it's just a camera. there is no memory card or video outs.

nice clean picture and decent lighting. don't think they have an extension cable at this point.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

can you say "separated at birth"?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...o=1&blockType=
                    Attached Files
                    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Funny...they do look identical.

Comment

I just bought the Ryobi TEK4 Inspection Scope... at $139, it looks pretty decent. The one on display actually had a battery in it and after playing for a bit it looks like it will do the job I need it for.

So, I'm now waiting for my new scope's battery to charge.

I've looked in two Home Depot's for the Ridgid See Snake Micro and apparently they no longer are stocking it in the stores. Of course neither the service desk or the orange aprons have any idea as to why. I've checked the Home Depot website and it's basically a week's delivery time plus shipping and tax.

I also looked at the Milwaukee version, but frankly I wasn't all that impressed for the $250 asking price. As far as I know, neither the See Snake Micro or the Milwaukee have any capabilities to save, record, or otherwise output the image; and of course, neither the Ryobi. It's apparent that you need to spend substantially more money to gain this save/output feature. But for my homeowner use, I don't see that as a necessity.

I certainly would have preferred Ridgid, but you can't buy it if they don't stock it and I would prefer not to put off the project for another week or so.

Here's the spec on the Ryobi:

4-stage LED

3-ft waterproof flex cable with 7/16 dia aluminum head.

2x digital zoom in four stages (1x, 1.3x, 1.7x, & 2x)
                        On screen image 180 rotation

On screen battery status

2.7 Hi-Rez color LCD (320 x 240)

4-volt Li Ion battery with charger with 5-hour continuous run time per charge

Camera is impact, dust, and water resistant resistant

While this is comparable (spec-wise) to the other scopes, there does not appear to be any extensions offered (But, I can't find where Home Depot offers extensions for the Ridgid either... though probably available elsewhere). Ryobi Warranty is 30-day, 2-year.

Once the battery is charged and I put it to work, I'll follow up with a post.

CWS

Comment

I am VERY unimpressed with the new table saw. I'll continue to stick with with my TS3650.

I mean come on man, it's a repainted Crapsman.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            I already have the Ryobi grinder and it's nothing like the corded model but it works. I'll buy the Ryobi 1/2" impact wrench if it has sufficient torque and is reasonably priced. Too bad Ridgid didn't step up.
                            maybe you can start an online petition that people sign or say thanx to so we can get our grinder and impact wrench

Comment

Good idea but I think any new tools have to be approved by HD mgmt. I have a older Milwaukee made in USA 1/2 impact that is a beast, as good as most air driven but I would like a compact one. Using an adapter on 1/4" QD impact causes a significant reduction of torque applied.

Comment

Working...
                              X