Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime warranty question V.6804764098

I recently bought the 3x combo kit.
    To register my tools, it says I need the model number on the box.
    I left the box on the jobsite and I don't know if I'll be able to recover it monday morning. Is there any way to register my tools without the box, or am I proper ****ed?

Re: Lifetime warranty question V.6804764098

First, I'd try to retrieve the box from the job site and.... if it's no longer there, then I would call Ridgid Customer Service and explain the situation. They have been known to make allowances in the past, depending on the situation. If it were me, I'd definitely make the call, rather than just send in the LLSA registration without taking that extra step.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

is this the combo kit you purchased?:

http://ridgid.com/Tools/R963-Combo-Kit/EN/index.htm

the model number is R963

if you are concerned about sending in the upc code off the box as noted in some of ridgid's literature, don't worry about it. i've registered all my tools for the LSA online and sent in a copy of the receipt to confirm the purchase. they've never asked me for a upc code, and i've got over a dozen tools registered. just make sure you send the receipt to the address specified in ridgid's literature and thoroughly identify the receipt with your purchase by putting your name and address, ebox (dashboard) number and email address on the receipt. HTH.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Let us know how you make out, if you were able to get the box again.

Comment

Originally posted by morrisxjesse View Post
          I recently bought the 3x combo kit.
          To register my tools, it says I need the model number on the box.
          I left the box on the jobsite and I don't know if I'll be able to recover it monday morning. Is there any way to register my tools without the box, or am I proper ****ed?
          The Rigid warranty is a joke, dont worry if you dont get this done. Using the warranty is more trouble that it is worth after a year or so. Nothing but an argument. Just buy another brand and go on.

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
          Let us know how you make out, if you were able to get the box again.
          My drill is at Rigid right now in Atlanta, I registered it 2 years ago and now they want $70 to fix it. Told them to find somewhere to put it.

The Rigid warranty is a joke, dont worry if you dont get this done. Using the warranty is more trouble that it is worth after a year or so. Nothing but an argument. Just buy another brand and go on.

Registering is easy at Rigid, using it is a whole other story.
          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 08-16-2010, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Wow. Looks like you spelt "Ridgid" right - one can only hope that you registered correctly then, too.

Call Ridgid customer service, explain the issue, and then go from there. There are sometimes issues with the independent authorized service centers.

Comment

Well Henry, that was really helpful. Noticed this was your 2nd post, glad to see you are so happy.

I've got about twenty Ridgid tools, and all have been registered for the LLSA with no problem at all. It only takes a few minutes and a drop in the mail box. Every tool has been confirmed.

I've only had to use the LLSA twice and both times it was without any problem whatsoever. Not even a question or a raised eyebrow. One tool was fixed within a couple of days and the other had to wait for a part, which was on backorder... but even that was only a few weeks.

There's never a question of cost and there's never been a charge for anything.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
              X