X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP90150A stalls after reaching Max PSI

My GP90150A runs fine for about 30 minutes. Then once it reaches 150 psi it throttles down like it should, but then it stalls.

Re: GP90150A stalls after reaching Max PSI

you're referring to the ridgid 9 gallon wheel barrow gas compressor.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/GP90150-...r/EN/index.htm

my guess is the heat from the engine might be causing vapor lock.

runs for 30 minutes and then gets a load on it and stalls.

lets see what some of the better qualified posters think

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Yes, I am talking about the 9 gal wheelbarrow air compressor. I am using this compressor to run an air operated pump. After running the air compressor for 30 minutes unloaded to break it in I then hook it up to the air operated pump. The pump sucks water from a large tank, pushes it through 200' of 5/8" hose and back into the tank. I do this to similate actual working conditions in a roof cleaning environment. To make things worse, this is the 4th air compressor that has had this problem that I have gotten from Home Depot. I usually take it back and get another one. This time I found this forum and hope to find a fix. My 1st air compressor ran for 6 hours before it had this problem. Needless to say that when am cleaning a roof I do not want the compressor to die. Otherwise I have to lower all of my 200' of hose off of the house so that I can restart the air compressor and reprime the hose. Other roof cleaners are using this exact same pump with no problems. That is why I bought it. I am wondering if that particular Home Depot got a bad batch of air compressors.

Comment

these compressors are not designed to run under continuous load. i think more like a 50% duty cycle from pumping to unloaded.

i don't quite understand the roof cleaning pump. is a pressure washer a better solution or a booster pump?

maybe you can post a photo or a link. i can't picture 4 defective compressors, that's why i ask.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

We do not use pressure washers as they will remove granuals from shingles. As I mentioned before, most members of the roof cleaning organization that I belong too use this compressor. Here is a link to the pump. http://www.all-flo.com/38.htm

Comment

Working...
          X