Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squaring blade to Mitre Table

Hello,

I recently purchased the Ridgid 10" compound miter saw (MS1065LZA), and was wondering if someone could help a newbie try to square the blade to the miter table? The directions are not clear to me, so I'm having a difficult time. Attached is a picture of the screw mechanism that I think I'm supposed to use -- but if that's the case I'm unclear how to pull down the blade/guard unit with this mechanism.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you--
    Attached Files

Re: Squaring blade to Mitre Table

The Bolt you are looking at with the jam nut on top is essentially just a stop. it doesn't actually pull or push the saw it just provides a stopping point. Loosen the jam nut then turn the bolt in or out to square your saw with light pressure against it. After asjusting it tighten the jam nut with care so that you don't turn the stop bolt then recheck.

Comment

I wasn't able to make the adjustment either. RIDGID technical support suggested I loosen the bolts holding the miter fence down and try getting some adjustment that way. There are two bolts on each side. You have to remove the sliding fence on the left side first and to do that there is a small allen screw on the back (next to the sliding fence lock knob) that keeps the fence from sliding all the way off to the left. Back that out to remove the sliding fence. Now loosen all 4 bolts holding the miter fence down (they were really tight). You can now make small adjustments to square the fence relative to the blade. On my saw it still wasn't enough but a combination of this plus making the recommended adjustment in the manual was just enough. The cap head screws referred to in the manual are on the bottom of the saw and pictured in fig. 13/p. 17. Mine are hex screws and take an allen wrench vice a "combination wrench". Loosen them only slightly as too much and the miter lock plate can drop out of the "zero" notch. The manual says to use the miter saw knob to rotate the table. Don't do that. Grasp the saw D-handle and rotate the saw so that the blade moves slightly left or right relative to your framing square. Hopefully you can get a square alignment that way. Tighten the miter lock handle and then the screws on the bottom.

Comment

I see now the originator of this thread was taking about a different adjustment (bevel vice miter). My comments apply to anyone trying to square the blade to the fence. I have seen a lot of complaints about this adjustment of the MS1065LZA, here and elsewhere. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X