Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up some TS3650 Rails for $20! Will they fit a TS2424?

Hey guys-
    I own a TS2424 Table Saw. I was walking thru a Home Depot, and saw a set of TS3650 rails on the clearance shelf. Since it had NO HARDWARE with it (just 2 rails), the box was beat up, rails had some dings/scratches in it, there was only 1 box when it said there should be 2 boxes, and no price tag- they had no idea what it was or where it came from. I picked it up for $20 I figure I can always sell them if it won't work- but- can I attach those to my TS2424?

What's the process and hardware required to do the job?

I appreciate the help!

Re: Picked up some TS3650 Rails for $20! Will they fit a TS2424?

i have a 2412, which is much like a 2424 except that my saw has stamped steel extension wings and yours has the cast iron web wings like the 3612. what you purchased was one of the infamous "box 2" boxes that accomplanied 3612s and 3650s. these were always getting separated from box 1, which had the saw and the fence in it.

regarding the rails, the good news is they will fit your saw. the bad news is the fence of the 2424 has a different head configuration than the 3612, meaning your stock 2424 fence won't fit on those rails. i was considering the same thing and if you access the manuals for your saw and the 3612, you'll see that the rails have different, non-compatible profiles.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. So I would just need to buy a new fence and I'm in business?

Also- what's the main difference between these- just the 3650 is 1' longer?
      Thanks for the help!

Comment

the max right rip capacity of the 2424 is 24". you have a few alternatives. you could just shift the existing 2424 rails to the right to get more capacity (30" and maybe 36"). however, this will render the tape measure on the front rail useless. or, buy a 3612/50/60 fence, the head of which matches the rails you just purchased. this will provide 36" rip capacity while leaving the tape on the rails you just purhcased useful, once set up properly.

the rails you purchased give 12" greater rip capacity than your OEM rails. the fence for those new rails has a larger head, smaller locking handle and a better micro adjuster than the OEM 2424 fence.

if you want a fence for the new rails, PM me. i think i have an extra one in storage. HTH.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
        X