X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck Drill Bit in 18v Impact Driver Drill

I have a drill bit stuck in a RIDGID Cordless impact drill. The bit is too small, and I should not have tried it, but too late. The collar won't pull out far enough to release the bit. Suggestions on how to get the bit out?

Re: Stuck Drill Bit in 18v Impact Driver Drill

i had the same problem, but with a bit that was ~ 1.5" long. had a helper grab the bit with plyers while i ran the impact driver in reverse and held the collar in the release position. the helper would pull on the bit and it usually released. when it wouldn't, off to the local authorized service facility and it was ups'd to me 10 days later, free of charge.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

In the future, if you can find some that fit you driver, you should look into using specialty hammer drill bits when drilling with your impact driver. What's happening is that the end of the bit is being mushroomed from the impact. Using drill bits made especially for use in hammer drills should help, but probably not eliminate the mushrooming.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I found these to work well with my impact and you can save money on drill bits too.

http://www.amazon.com/Insty-Drive-Dr...2414943&sr=1-2

Comment

Working...
        X