Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid tool replacement parts

Greetings,

Why is it so hard to get common replacement parts for Ridgid tools?

Why doesn't Home Depot carry them?

I need a replacement backing pad for my R2611 6" sander (part # 301239001)

Home Depot does not stock them, and when I ask a clerk, I get glazed eyes . . from three different stores in two different states. Most reply, they don't know, that it would be hard to order through store and that my best bet would be to look on line.

Home Depot carries replacement sander backing pads for other brands, but not their own brand . . why not?

Home Depot's web site lists the sander and the replacement part and number, but does not provide link to ordering parts. Why?

I have encountered this with other Ridgid tools. I like the tools, but am getting frustrated with the inability to order replacement parts.

-Bob

Re: Ridgid tool replacement parts

Yours is a common complaint that has been raised many times on this forum over the years. Unfortunately those remarks have always fallen on deaf ears. Here are a couple of places where Ridgid parts are available;

e Replacement Parts

M & D Mower
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Bob,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum!

Your questions are certainly popular. All too many Ridgid tools lack the necessary sales support for replacement parts and accessories. Things like jointer blades and everyday use items cannot be found at Home Depot. It is ridiculous and best and why this hasn't been addressed is beyond most of us.

Even some of the Ridgid products aren't available in the Home Depot stores, which is even more ridiculous. A few weeks ago I was in serious need of Ridgid's SeeSnake Micro. Nice tool, but of course Home Depot no longer carries it... WTF? I ended up buying a Ryobi, even though I had the money and would have much preferred the Ridgid.

I could of course bought it thru Home Depot's website, but that would have required shipping, time, etc. But then the accessory extentions aren't available online or in the store.

What good does Ridgid get out of having an exclusive agreement with Home Depot when Home Depot refuses to carry certain products and/or provide Ridgid accessories or options?

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
        . Things like jointer blades and everyday use items cannot be found at Home Depot.
        but while one of my local HDs also is short on supplies for tools, they do carry delta planer replacement blades, while not selling or stocking the delta planer those blades are for, or, for that matter, any delta tools at all! kinda sorta makes ya scratch your head and wonder what's going on.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          but while one of my local HDs also is short on supplies for tools, they do carry delta planer replacement blades, while not selling or stocking the delta planer those blades are for, or, for that matter, any delta tools at all! kinda sorta makes ya scratch your head and wonder what's going on.
          At one point in time HD did sell some Delta tools. What you're seeing could be left over stock. If your HD is anything like the one I go to here, Clearance Sales are few and far between.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Badger Dave,

I agree with Finer. My local store was built back in 2000 or so and I was there the first week. That particular store has never carried a Delta product of any kind, nor has it ever carried any bandsaw other that the Ryobi and Ridgid "wood cutting" bandsaws.

Yet is does carry Delta planer knives, bandsaw blades, and even metal cutting bandsaw blades, including some that will fit the little Ryobi bandsaw. Yet, it doesn't carry a number of Ridgid products, accessories, or replacement items. It doesn't carry replacement wheels for the only two bench grinders that it sells (the two Ryobi's)... but it does carry replacement wheels for the Delta grinders.

It doesn't sell 6" PSA sanding discs to fit the Ryobi belt/disc sander and it only carries two grit sizes to fit the Ryobi Corner Cat sander. But it does sell larger PSA sanding discs, for which it has no product under any brand... but I do understand the some of the smaller commercial sanders that the floor refinishers use, need to have a place of purchase.

As mentioned, I could buy the Ridgid inspection camera through the HD website and I can buy the look-alike Milwaukee unit in the store; but in neither place, could I get the 3-ft extensions and though I don't know about the Milwaukee, they don't sell the Ridgid extensions on their website either.

Of course that's not a complaint that I'm laying on you or anyone else, but it is one of the peculiarities of the Home Depot/Ridgid relationship, IMHO.

Other oddities too... in my smaller Painted Post Home Depot I can buy any of a fairly good variety of Spax screws, nicely priced at $8 a box. But here in Binghamton, with a much larger market, they don't carry them, never heard of them, and even with the SQU# from Painted Post, can't identify them. Here in Binghamton I can get almost any size drywall screw, in a variety of quantities... but if you want real "wood screws", you have to buy those very small quantities in those blister paks, hanging on the wall display. Dumb or what?

Best regards,

CWS
            Last edited by CWSmith; 09-06-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X