Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 3000 Power washer doesn't pump

Good morning, I am new here.
    I am working with a borrowed power washer, belonging to my girlfriend's boss. It doesn't appear to have been maintained at all and is probably a couple years old. It has a subaru engine and an axial pump that appears to be made in china (PRC). It had been running kind of finicky last week and yesterday I fired it up to finish our fence and it didn't pump. It appeared to be building pressure when running but NO water would come out of the wand and it would blow off the soap inlet after about 30 seconds of running. When the engine is off, water runs through the pump just fine. I disconnected the high pressure hose and confirmed flow. Once the engine is started no water comes out the high pressure side, and the soap inlet blows off. it appears that some flow is running back up the soap pickup as well.

She says I have to fix it before we give it back. I am pretty good with repairing stuff but I really don't know where to start. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks -Tony

Re: Ridgid 3000 Power washer doesn't pump

Here's a link to the breakdown of the AR axial pump I suspect is on your unit. Not the exact model, but it is correct as far as parts location goes...

http://www.arnorthamerica.com/rmpumps/rmv3400bd.html

Check part numbers 37 through 41. When the pump quits passing water the problem is almost always either with this assembly or the unloader (13 through 23).
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Hi guys,

I have the same issue. With the pressure-side hose disconnected, water flows through the pump. When I fire up the engine, it seems like load builds up against the engine and then it stalls. No water comes out of the pressure side when the engine is running.

@tinffx, how does your story end?

Comment

AbeHandy... Did you visit the link I posted above, and does it look like your pump?
        Assuming it is, did you remove, check & clean items 37 through 41?

Comment

I am in the process of disassembly. Part#41 doesn't want to come out. Is it being stubborn or is there a trick I am not using?

Comment

Screw in your garden hose put your hand over the output and have someone turn on the water!

Comment

Thank you mcluvin, that was my next option.

Comment

After disassembly and replacement of 3 o-rings on item #41 and cleaning entire assembly the unit will now pump, but only to a point. Release of the trigger only for a few seconds still causes stall like it is pumping into a closed stop. I did not find the location of 2 o-rings found on the ground when problem first occured.

Comment

Check 17 & 18 - the orings on the unloader stem.

Comment

Working...
                  X