Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to buy an LSA if your not the original owner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to buy an LSA if your not the original owner?

I have a RIDGID jointer, thinkness planer, and bandsaw where I am the 2nd owner. The jointer had been registered for the LSA by the previous owner, but the planer and bandsaw had not.

The description of the LSA on the RIDGID website says it's only applicable to the original owner. Does anybody know if it's possible to obtain/buy the LSA for RIDGID tools where you are not the orginal owner, both for tools that had been previously registered for the LSA by the original owner as well for tools that were never registered?

Yes, I'm sure we could all argue about whether it would be worth it or not to get the LSA for a used tool if you have to pay for it. I suppose that comes down to how much it costs and what's the perceived value, which everyone is going to have a different opinion. So, please, let's not get into that argument. I just want to know if it's possible to get the LSA for these tools at all, and if so, for what price. Then I can make my own determination of whether it's worth it to get it.

Re: Is there any way to buy an LSA if your not the original owner?

It's currently not possible...........and I doubt if it ever will be. Keep in mind that the main objective of tool manufacturers is to sell brand new tools. Although service after the sale should be a primary goal of any good company but not necessarily free service after the resale of said product.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

This comment may or may not apply to you but the LSA for Ridgid powertools cannot be purchased, however if the powertool was purchased from the original owner with a copy of the receipt and upc it probably could be registered.

Comment

There is a time limit on registering for the LLSA. Without looking it up, I believe the original purchaser has 90 days from the date of purchase.

So even if you had been given the receipt by the owner, you would be under the same restriction... and would have to then register if there was still time within that original window of opportunity.

However, that would be a very unique situation, as the original purchaser has those same 90-days to return the tool for a full refund.

Also, one cannot overlook the fact that you need to have the original UPC cut from the product carton as part of the registration.

Bottom line, I believe you are out of luck.

Sorry,

CWS
        Last edited by CWSmith; 09-09-2010, 11:38 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I suspected as much, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask...

Comment

Working...
          X